who is Kate Gosslin

Old 04-15-2010, 04:01 PM

I have heard some things about her . But she seems to be on every talk show, every news show .Never heard of her till a few months ago and now she's everywhere thing. on the dancing show she said "I BRING RATINGS IN" . I kind of formed my opinion of her right then and there. But whats your opinion?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:08 PM

Kate is the star of the long running tv show called Jon and Kate plus 8. They had twins and then she had six babies! As the years progressed over the years since they were born (maybe 7 or 8 years?) she became more of a diva and less "nice". I mentioned a couple years ago that she should be more careful of how she treated her husband or he'd find someone else, because she would degrade him, boss him, yell at him, etc. on national tv, and sure enough, he found someone else and left her. Now there's a big custody battle and she's on dancing with the stars. To see her early pictures, you'd see a cute, sweet mom, normal hair, clothes, make up, etc. and she changed after she became a "star." The only thing good I can say about her is that she does seem to genuinely love her 8 kids and seemed to spend a lot of time doing things with them. But she didn't treat her ex very well!!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

who is she? well, she is a sad woman. so terribly mean to her husband right in front of the cameras they had filming their life. i do not like her one little bit.no feeling of empathy from me for her at all. fake smile and all. but she will prevail.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I find her to be very fake. I stopped watching their show cause I found myself wanting to reach in the tv and slap the you know what out of her. She seems to enjoy degrading others to make up for her miserable life.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:18 PM

I actually liked her when the show started. For the first few years she was just a normal person, who felt like she needed some control (8 little ones), but she just went more and more to the extreme and became rude! Your all right....she treated John like crap!
~Bj~
Old 04-15-2010, 05:28 PM

She is an idiot so is that thing refered to as her ex. Both need to be taken out back and beaten with a 2x4.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

I think she is trying to stay in the limelight for one reason, to have enough money to raise her kids! All the kids get money put in a trust per episode for them so the more shows the more their financial future is secure. All Kate has to do is act how the rating want her to act. She isn't a bad mom, I think she's playing the public very smartly. It was reported that the entry pay for a reality show actor (each child is an actor on the show) is $100,000 per episode and that is nothing compared to the pay per episode if the show becomes popular. Shoot I'd do a reality show and act mean if I knew my kids would never have money worries to pursue their dreams. It's all an act reality labeled or not. I think her kids will know how she really is and how she was just acting on tv, that's her job.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:37 PM

I had stopped watching Jon and Kate Plus Eight too, because I was so tired of watching her berate her husband in front of the cameras. Now that she's on Dancing with the Stars, I have to admit that I take a perverse pleasure in watching her lumbering through dances. Graceful she isn't. It's also very telling to see her reactions when she doesn't know the camera is on her.

But I have to wonder what the effects of having cameras following your daily life in your home are. Would this family still be together if they hadn't had a reality show? The Roloffs (Little People, Big World) also seem to be having marital problems that weren't there when their reality show first started. The Duggers, however, are still having babies!
Old 04-15-2010, 05:44 PM

I never watched the 'Plus 8' show so I don't know how she treated her husband. But from what I read, he seems pretty immature and nothing to admire either. Interesting that everyone sounds like they think he was blameless.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Power Poster

She is nobody. Trust me. Just one more person who wants limelight and does not deserve it.