Paducha Quilt Show

Old 04-25-2010, 06:35 AM

Well, another one is in the books. What a great week! I am actually driving out Sunday afternoon, but not before I stop at Hancocks. Went the other night but was tired and it was crowded. Today I can shop at my leisure!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:03 AM

Glad you enjoyed it. Others on here have blogged about their experience. Glad your was good. You still have money to stop at Hancocks? Great!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 04-25-2010, 11:35 AM

I don't mind the crowds at the shows but when I'm shopping, I need a bit of space. Can't wait to see pics and hear the details of your trip. Have a safe drive back.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

I'm back from Paducah. It was quilt overload! No pics were allowed other then the show quilts and those can not be posted online with permission from the maker and AQS. So my camera stayed in my bag. I didn't see any red ribbons but there was so many people it would be hard to find anyone.
I got there Thurs. afternoon and went to Eleanor Burns show and tent sale. I looked at everything making notes of what I liked. Then I went to Hancocks and looked at everything there. That day Moda charm packs were $5 and back room fabric tables were $5 a yard. I spent all day Friday at the quilt show. I got there early so visited with the Yo Yo club ladies who were doing demos. I learned how to do the 3D bowtie square they were making. All they asked was if they showed you how, buy a $1 raffle ticket or donate a $1 that supported the quilt museum. I was peeved most that did learn to make the block did not give the $1. The show and vendor booths took me all day. There was so much to see. I went to every quilt and every booth.
Sat. I went to the quilt museum and the Imagine Hope exhibit of Hollis Chatelain quilts were breathtaking. I've seen pictures but no way do the pictures do her work justice. They are the most beautiful fabric creations I have ever seen.
The last day, Hancocks had charm packs for $3. I stocked up on the Moda lines they had. Also the pack of 14 co ordinating fat quarters were marked down to $15 and the back room fabric was down to $2.98 a yard. I went to the mall vendors and found another African made basket I had to have.
I love those baskets. I use them to tote my quilting stuff to classes and workshops. I then went to the Murry's Sewing Fabric packing up sale. Fabric was $2 and $3 a yard and fat quarters were $1.50. I then went to the Rotary quilt exhibit and it was very nice. Lots of vendors there too. I didn't make it to the downtown vendors, it started to storm so I went back to Hancocks. I sat outside and visited with other quilters to almost closing. It was a great three days.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

WOW!!! It sounds like this years Paducah Show was another great success :D:D:D
Old 04-25-2010, 04:44 PM

The back room fabrics at Hancocks were marked down to $1.98 today. I feel like I got quite a steal!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Power Poster

Oh I wish I could have been there.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I'm back from Paducah. It was quilt overload! No pics were allowed other then the show quilts and those can not be posted online with permission from the maker and AQS. So my camera stayed in my bag. I didn't see any red ribbons but there was so many people it would be hard to find anyone.
I got there Thurs. afternoon and went to Eleanor Burns show and tent sale. I looked at everything making notes of what I liked. Then I went to Hancocks and looked at everything there. That day Moda charm packs were $5 and back room fabric tables were $5 a yard. I spent all day Friday at the quilt show. I got there early so visited with the Yo Yo club ladies who were doing demos. I learned how to do the 3D bowtie square they were making. All they asked was if they showed you how, buy a $1 raffle ticket or donate a $1 that supported the quilt museum. I was peeved most that did learn to make the block did not give the $1. The show and vendor booths took me all day. There was so much to see. I went to every quilt and every booth.
Sat. I went to the quilt museum and the Imagine Hope exhibit of Hollis Chatelain quilts were breathtaking. I've seen pictures but no way do the pictures do her work justice. They are the most beautiful fabric creations I have ever seen.
The last day, Hancocks had charm packs for $3. I stocked up on the Moda lines they had. Also the pack of 14 co ordinating fat quarters were marked down to $15 and the back room fabric was down to $2.98 a yard. I went to the mall vendors and found another African made basket I had to have.
I love those baskets. I use them to tote my quilting stuff to classes and workshops. I then went to the Murry's Sewing Fabric packing up sale. Fabric was $2 and $3 a yard and fat quarters were $1.50. I then went to the Rotary quilt exhibit and it was very nice. Lots of vendors there too. I didn't make it to the downtown vendors, it started to storm so I went back to Hancocks. I sat outside and visited with other quilters to almost closing. It was a great three days.
I'm sooo bummed. I didn't go to Hancocks because the last time I went, I wasn't impressed with the prices. I wish now that I'd stopped. My daughters will be so upset when they find out the prices. Oh well, maybe next year I'll try again. I go to the show every year.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 AM

Thanks for your "report". I've never been to a big quilt show, but Paducah is on my list for next year.