Jane Stickle Cyber Sew, week 18. LS1, H9, B5, B7, B8

Jane Stickle Cyber Sew, week 18. LS1, H9, B5, B7, B8

Old 05-08-2010, 07:52 PM

beautiful mama
Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 PM

Great blocks, Mama!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Power Poster

Mama...yours look really good! I thought they were a bit easieir too.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:48 PM

Why am I nervous about B7- world series?? How should I make it? I suck at applique, so I don't want to make a circle and applique on the middle, or the sides. Should I just cut out the templates and go that route? Did anyone redraft it and would be willing to email it to me?
Old 05-14-2010, 05:25 PM

okay, now trying to figure out the triangle. I can't figure out how to add the bottom?????? The part that was not in the foundation pattern...
Old 05-15-2010, 04:33 AM
Power Poster

Rachael...the tri isn't bad...go look closely at the pic of mine...I pp'd it by printing an extra copy of the "block", then I just cut it in a couple of sections, pp'd it...

On B7, I appliqued mine so I can't help you much on that one other than to suggest that you just cut the templates out. Others seem to be able to sew a curve much better than I can...I'm pretty sure you are one of them. The curve is pretty gentle...so I'd try that.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Why am I nervous about B7- world series?? How should I make it? I suck at applique, so I don't want to make a circle and applique on the middle, or the sides. Should I just cut out the templates and go that route? Did anyone redraft it and would be willing to email it to me?
Sorry, Esq., I appliqued four melons, and then four diamonds. I always trim one of the shapes and use my Sewline pencil to draw around the shape onto the background fabric. Then I have a line to follow when stitching and needleturning.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:37 AM

I'm having trouble with the bottom - those white parts that make a "v" under the "corn cob" thing. I can't seem to figure out how to add those. Do you remember what order you did them in?
Old 05-15-2010, 07:13 AM

okay, no bullsh**** here...how bad is this? I think I will re-do it, because I actually really dislike how the fabric looks. The print is too big and it gets funky when reconstructed into the block. But this was me really, really trying. There must be a better way!! Any thoughts? Is it awful? I'm trying to keep the "grand scheme" in mind too...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-68065.jpe   attachment-68066.jpe  
Old 05-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
okay, no bullsh**** here...how bad is this? I think I will re-do it, because I actually really dislike how the fabric looks. The print is too big and it gets funky when reconstructed into the block. But this was me really, really trying. There must be a better way!! Any thoughts? Is it awful? I'm trying to keep the "grand scheme" in mind too...
I think you had a great go at it Rachael - it isn't wonky or anything, but your fabric placement makes it look a bit lopsided. If you compare the two sides at the top of that central bookmark shape, the right side light strip doesn't go all the way to the top compared to the left side.

If you look at the bottom of the bookmark shape, and the two strips of light fabric that go on either side of the point of the bookmark shape, one is much longer than the other one. If you can put those right when you redo, you will have cracked it.

I think what I am trying to say is that the left side of that bookmark shape is great, and the right side isn't quite the same.