Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Newfoundland, Canada >

Hello from Newfoundland, Canada

Hello from Newfoundland, Canada

Old 02-15-2008, 04:57 AM

Hello everyone
A friend of mine suggested I join this group and will meet alot of great people and learn some great new techniques out there. I look forward to meeting and chatting with you all as time goes on.

As for a little about myself. I live in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. I have been sewing for over 20 years and quilting for about 15 of them. Of those 15 years, 11 of them I have been teaching!! I just love teaching quilting and get a great joy and rush when I see my students getting excited and loving what they are creating and learning. I teach adults. Not sure if I could teach kids, but who knows.
I love all forms of quilting, but I think I would have to say I love mostly hand work, so I adore hand applique and hand quilting.

Along with my addiction to the needle (the sewing needle.. let's clarify that right now :) ) my other passion is playing in the kitchen cooking and trying out new recipes! I have a nice collection of recipes and believe one can never have enough recipe books!!! My boyfriend doesn't seem to complain about my cooking LOL so thats a good thing!

I also love to scrapbook, hike, camp, travel, read and of course surf the internet for interesting tidbits.

Well I think that about covers it. I look forward to the many new friends I will be making here and hearing about new ideas and great chats. Not to mention the inspiration I get from so many quilters!

Cheers
Andrea
Old 02-15-2008, 06:03 AM

Hi Andrea from a fellow Nflder!
I am on the Bonavista Peninsula and love quilting too! I'm sure you'll enjoy the quilting board. Lots of great pictures and loads of help!

Enjoy!
Lori
Old 02-15-2008, 06:05 AM

Welcome to the board, Andrea! We are thrilled to have you. It's like one big family here, everyone is so kind and helpful. I'm sure you'll feel right at home here. I also love trying out new recipes and making my own and I agree, one can never have too many cookbooks. I also love doing anything outdoors...and I love to scrapbook. I haven't did much of it over the years since I've started quilting. lol. Feel free to post any questions, comments or pictures you'd like. WELCOME! :)
Old 02-15-2008, 06:19 AM

Welcome to the board! There's a lot to see and do here, even a recip section in case you want to share or be insoired, and a picture section to let us see your work. Most evenings, you can find someone in the chatroom, too, just having fun or sharing tips.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
Hi Andrea from a fellow Nflder!
I am on the Bonavista Peninsula and love quilting too! I'm sure you'll enjoy the quilting board. Lots of great pictures and loads of help!

Enjoy!
Lori
Wow.. you know this is the first time I have met another fellow Newfoundlander on any kind of message board site!!! Bonavista is a beautiful area. My grandfather was from Spillar's Cove up that way. I got as far as Trinity last summer and went to see the Random Passage movie site. It was wonderful.. There was a HUGE iceberg there at the time. First time I saw an iceberg on the last weekend of July!!! I guess there is a first for everything!!

Do you get into St. John's much??

Thanks so much for the welcomes!!! I am looking forward to checking out many things here and talking with you all!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Welcome to the board! There's a lot to see and do here, even a recip section in case you want to share or be insoired, and a picture section to let us see your work. Most evenings, you can find someone in the chatroom, too, just having fun or sharing tips.
I'll definetely be checking out the chat room from time to time. And yes I will certainly be scanning the recipes for supper and dessert ideas!!!

Cheers
Andrea
Old 02-15-2008, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by live2teach
Welcome to the board, Andrea! We are thrilled to have you. It's like one big family here, everyone is so kind and helpful. I'm sure you'll feel right at home here. I also love trying out new recipes and making my own and I agree, one can never have too many cookbooks. I also love doing anything outdoors...and I love to scrapbook. I haven't did much of it over the years since I've started quilting. lol. Feel free to post any questions, comments or pictures you'd like. WELCOME! :)
just viewing your chat name.. do you live to teach quilting?? or something else??

I hope to get back to my scrapbooking soon. I have neglected it for too long, but then my quilting has taken over lately. I teach 2-3 times a week (along with my full time day job), and I am trying really hard to get an eBay business up and running by the Fall if i can swing it at all!

Cheers
Andrea
Old 02-15-2008, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Welcome to the board! I think I have been to St Johns on a flight stopover from England. Wish I could have spent more time there.
Loretta, you should make a point one day to come here for a little holiday. I love where I live and where I'm from. The scenery here is just beautiful. I could never imagine living away from the sea.
Not to mention we have some nice quilt stores here and I could be your personal quilting tour guide!!! :)
Old 02-15-2008, 10:39 AM

I just had an "Eureka" moment! Perhaps you could save me some driving around in vain. I have a two day stay next week in St. J's and it would be fantastic if you could tell me some of your favorite places to shop for fabric!

HAve you been to Sew Much More on Ropewalk Lane? I know about Sewing World in Hamlyn Plaza and Fashionable Fabrics in Mount Pearl... any more gems I should be aware of? I am SO tired of shopping at WalMart!

Thanks for any help you might be able to give me!

Lori
Old 02-15-2008, 02:07 PM

We're thrilled you've joined us and hope you can learn from here, but we'd also love to see pictures of your quilts!