Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Newfoundland, Canada >

Hello from Newfoundland, Canada

Hello from Newfoundland, Canada

Old 02-15-2008, 07:02 PM

Welcome!! This is a great place for quilters. We have lots of fun and learn a lot too.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:10 PM

Welcome Aggi!! It's good to have you here! :D I look forward to seeing some of your quilts!!
Old 02-17-2008, 06:54 PM

LOL.. I used to work at Sew Much More back in 2002-2003. Debbie is selling off all her fabrics as she is giving up the quilting part and the Husqvarna and Babylock and sticking with her Tailor work. I did hear that she has a sale on her fabrics right now, something like buy one metre and get 50% off the second. I was out to Piecemakers out in Long Pond this afternoon.. what a beeeeeeeeeeautiful store!!!! She woman used to have her business out in Rocky Harbour, in Gros Morne, but her hubby had to transfer for work into the city so they packed up the business and moved out this way.
Sewing World is nice too.
I have a student who sells fabrics out of her home.. She has Thimbleberries, Debbie Mumm and other gorgeous fabrics. I'm sure if you call her you can set up an appointment to meet her and see what she has. She also has nice notions too.. Her name is Mary Browne. Message me privately I will give you her phone number. I can also give you my number and if you got time we could grab a coffee and chat fabrics and quilting!! Where will you be staying here?

Cheers
Andrea
Old 02-17-2008, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Celeste
We're thrilled you've joined us and hope you can learn from here, but we'd also love to see pictures of your quilts!
Celeste I promise to send photos of my work soon!!

Cheers
Andrea
Old 02-17-2008, 07:15 PM

:mrgreen: :thumbup:
Old 02-18-2008, 05:37 AM

Quilting Aggi:
Welcome! We're very glad to have you with us. There are so many nice, knowledgeable people on the board and they are all willing and anxious to help with questions, quilting problems and suggestions, and, should you need an e-HUG, there are many, many folks amoungst our ranks there and ready to uplift and share your loads. Welcome!

I love your avatar. When I saw it I thought maybe you were from the USA Southwest region...New Mexico or Arizona. The scenery behind you looks like the desert.

Don't forget to post some of your quilt pictures. We all get INSPIRED when we see what others are doing.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Quilting Aggi:
Welcome! We're very glad to have you with us. There are so many nice, knowledgeable people on the board and they are all willing and anxious to help with questions, quilting problems and suggestions, and, should you need an e-HUG, there are many, many folks amoungst our ranks there and ready to uplift and share your loads. Welcome!

I love your avatar. When I saw it I thought maybe you were from the USA Southwest region...New Mexico or Arizona. The scenery behind you looks like the desert.

Don't forget to post some of your quilt pictures. We all get INSPIRED when we see what others are doing.
Thanks for the welcome!!
Nope this is taken over in Gros Morne National Park on the west coast of my island province. This area is called The Tablelands. It is believed that when all the continents were one, this area would have once been part of Africa!! The geology is very similar to it. Anyway I love climbing the Tablelands and the hiking out here is unbelievable. The photo was taken back in Oct. when my boyfriend and I look a long weekend getaway to the west coast. WE both loooooove the outdoors, hiking and camping. This photo was taken on one of the hills as we were getting ready to go on a 5 hour hike to the ocean. It was a fantastic hike but we certainly were happy to crash back at the cabin when it was over for the evening!!!! We hope to go camping out that way again some time this summer and try out a few more hikes!

Cheers
Andrea
Old 02-18-2008, 09:19 AM

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

M
Old 02-18-2008, 12:43 PM

Hi Andrea, I'm Deb, from Ontario. Your friend certainly steered you in the right direction. this is a great site. Sounds like you could offer lots of neat tips and advice about quilting. I'm not as experienced as you, but I surely love quilting, as well as knitting and hand embroidery, applique too.
I also love to cook, whenever I have someone at home to enjoy my efforts. Hubby is not a big eater.
Welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by ddrobins1956
Hi Andrea, I'm Deb, from Ontario. Your friend certainly steered you in the right direction. this is a great site. Sounds like you could offer lots of neat tips and advice about quilting. I'm not as experienced as you, but I surely love quilting, as well as knitting and hand embroidery, applique too.
I also love to cook, whenever I have someone at home to enjoy my efforts. Hubby is not a big eater.
Welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy it here.
What part of Ontario are you living? I lived in Ottawa for 7 months back in 2005. I was up there on a contract with a property management company.. I just looooooooved Ottawa and miss it terribly!!! They had a couple nice quilt stores up there. Ontario is a nice province!

my bf is a big eater and enjoys me trying out new recipes on him. I guess he is my little guinea pig!!! lol hee hee... he loves sweets too so I get to try out new desserts all the time too.. He is a keeper! :)
I am looking forward to many wonderful experiences here on this site and making a yaffle of new friends!

Cheers!