Singer Buttonholer

Old 05-19-2010, 08:18 PM

I picked this up today thinking there might be someone here that might want it. (The zig-zag machines I have all have built in buttonholers)
It says on page 8, "Preparing to Use the Buttonholer with a Touch & Sew or Slant-O-Matic Zig Zag Sewing Machine"

It looks to be complete, with the exception of one of the brown templates (for making eyelets).

I gave $15.00 for it (tried to talk them down, nothing doing!) I'd take that, plus shipping (should be $4.95 for a small flat rate box?)

Send me a PM if you're interested! :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70310.jpe   attachment-70311.jpe  
Old 05-20-2010, 02:56 AM

I have one like that, fits my Singer 628 model. Singer is about 1962-64. Made all my 2 daughters clothes.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:51 PM

This is a great buttonholer if it will fit your machine. It only fits a long shank slant Singer and most Singers are short shank machines. This model is the deluxe version as it has every size buttonhole cam possible. The standard version only came with 5 different cams and then you could buy additional sizes in sets of four. I love Singer buttonholers as I haven't seen a machine built in buttonholer that can make buttonholes as uniform and even as these old buttonholers can produce. Old Singer buttonholers will also fit on much newer machines. I use my ancient (1948 black short shank buttonholer) on my Janome 6500 machine. It works much better for me as my machine will only make buttonholes for buttons that fit in the little buttonhole attachment foot. It refuses to handle large or thick buttons but my old trusty Singer buttonholer doesn't balk at all. You can also adjust the width of the buttonhole with the buttonholer which is another advantage when using large buttons. If using the buttonholer on a newer machine, you don't need to use the cover plate to cover your feed dogs, just lower the feed dogs on your machine as you would to do free motion quilting. Happy buttonholes to everyone!