Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it >

I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it

I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it

Old 06-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I was suppose to make this for my BFF"s weddin g that was back in Oct. 2009. I have all the blocks made and all the sashing and all the triangles. I just can't seem to finish it. Please help motivate me to get it started again. My BFF did ask me where is my quilt and I told her I didn't like it and threw it away. Shame on me, I have promised her another one. Should I chuck this one or finish it? nothing seemed to be lining up.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-88032.jpe  
Old 06-23-2010, 03:30 PM

Get up right now move to the machine and finish it! It is going to be a stunning quilt. We will be expecting updates. Goodness do I sound a bit like the Quilt police. I really am a nice person - please believe me!!!!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Administrator

i understand completely. been there more than once.

if you announce a decision to chuck it into a dumpster, many will try to talk you out of it. if that's what you want to do, then do it. why make yourself miserable?

if you decide to keep going with it, don't think of it as finishing the quilt, per se. use it as a skill builder. consider it practice as you proceed through the remaining stages of construction. make or take notes about which results didn't please you, and why you think it went wrong. what you learn will be worth what feels like drudgery. you can apply all the lessons to future projects and will be happier about them.

toss it or learn from it. whichever idea makes you smile and feel some relief is the right idea. ;-)
Old 06-23-2010, 03:31 PM

It looks like it's lining up to me! What am I missing?

Go for it!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:33 PM

i think that you should finish, looks like it is going to be pretty nice when completed,of course thats just me,i have a couple like that just cant seem to finish them,but we have to do what feels right for us so i wish you good luck whichever way you go with it,
Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ToucanSam
It looks like it's lining up to me! What am I missing?

Go for it!
The first corner lined up great but after that I don't know what went wrong it just seemed to go down hill from there.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by manyana
Get up right now move to the machine and finish it! It is going to be a stunning quilt. We will be expecting updates. Goodness do I sound a bit like the Quilt police. I really am a nice person - please believe me!!!!
I need someone like you in my home telling me to get my butt in gear and do it.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i understand completely. been there more than once.

if you announce a decision to chuck it into a dumpster, many will try to talk you out of it. if that's what you want to do, then do it. why make yourself miserable?

if you decide to keep going with it, don't think of it as finishing the quilt, per se. use it as a skill builder. consider it practice as you proceed through the remaining stages of construction. make or take notes about which results didn't please you, and why you think it went wrong. what you learn will be worth what feels like drudgery. you can apply all the lessons to future projects and will be happier about them.

toss it or learn from it. whichever idea makes you smile and feel some relief is the right idea. ;-)
This is the first quilt I tried to do from a pattern so I thought it would be easier. I guess I disappointed myself. I might try to finish it and learn from it.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:37 PM

You know what I say? I say DO make her a new quilt. One that you love. One that you love to work on while you think of your dear friend.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:38 PM

It's really lovely. Maybe do a block a day before you get to do something else? That's what I do, and then I often end up getting far more than the goal done.