Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it >

I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it

I started this a year and a half ago and I have no desire to finish it

Old 06-23-2010, 03:51 PM

I've made 2 quilts that were on-point and they are difficult for me. Piece the blocks, that will get a big chunk done. Then get some more help here with the setting triangles. Do it with love!!

So far from this picture, your points in the blocks look great!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:55 PM

I think that will be a beautiful quilt when you complete it.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by manyana
Did not mean to come on heavy to you. I was in the same situation as you. (quilt for a friend). I hated that quilt threw it in a box only partially made. pulled it out a few months later finished it and it was one of my favourite quilts - my friend loved it. (imperfections and all) You need to do what you want just enjoy.
Honey you didn't seem harsh to me infact I got a chuckle out of it.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Power Poster

Ok here is the thing I have all of the blocks made. All I have to do is sit down and sew the top together and i am done, maybe a days worth of work.
You all have given me the inspiration to finish it. I guess if I do it slowly in between other projects I might get it done.
We will see what happens. I might need a kick in the butt everyonce in a while tho.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:02 PM

It looks okay to me. But you know what? If you hate it, just stop. If you hate these blocks so much, don't use them for your BFF. Cut them apart and sew em back together with a bright kid novelty. Nine blocks makes a cute baby quilt. Donate it to project Linus or Quilts for Kids-- some baby will be comforted and some mother will love it!

Check out new magazines and books. Look through your stash. Go to the quilt shop. Design another quilt for your BFF, and get to gettin it done. Life is short. So sew quilts!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:05 PM

Since you started it, I think you should finish it. It's lovely. She will never know this is the one you said you threw out ;-)
Old 06-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
It looks okay to me. But you know what? If you hate it, just stop. If you hate these blocks so much, don't use them for your BFF. Cut them apart and sew em back together with a bright kid novelty. Nine blocks makes a cute baby quilt. Donate it to project Linus or Quilts for Kids-- some baby will be comforted and some mother will love it!

Check out new magazines and books. Look through your stash. Go to the quilt shop. Design another quilt for your BFF, and get to gettin it done. Life is short. So sew quilts!
You want to know what is funny is I did start cutting blocks out for another quilt for her but I really love the colors and was thinking I might have to keep it. Ok now I am just being bad.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:07 PM

If your blocks aren't lining up...check the size of your sashing strips to see if they are the exact size of your blocks. If they were cut the size instructed in the pattern, maybe the blocks didn't come out the exact measurement the were supposed to. I would measure sever of the block to get an idea of what size they are and then cut the shashing strips to that size.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Barb_MO
If your blocks aren't lining up...check the size of your sashing strips to see if they are the exact size of your blocks. If they were cut the size instructed in the pattern, maybe the blocks didn't come out the exact measurement the were supposed to. I would measure sever of the block to get an idea of what size they are and then cut the shashing strips to that size.
That is a very good idea. I knew you all could help me.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:08 PM

I think it looks fine. Once it's quilted and washed, it may pucker a little and what you see as imperfections will only be noticeable to you.

I've had a few occasions where I lost interest or become totally uninspired to complete a project. I've got one in particular that I only have borders left to do, but I just don't like it. It was a kit my hubby picked out and I bought it without really thinking about it enough. It has several of the same small scale print in a few different colors. It looks so blah to me. Not enough variety of prints. I moved it closer to the top of the pile and will finish it someday.

If you want to get inspired quickly, try a simple pattern such as a disappearing 9 patch. They work up very quickly and the difference in the before cutting/after cutting is amazing. They look so much more complex than they are. Try a couple of blocks and see what you think. Maybe when you are done, you'll pick up the other one again and feel differently. :)