Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you quilters are from Tennessee? >

How many of you quilters are from Tennessee?

How many of you quilters are from Tennessee?

Old 07-02-2010, 03:48 PM

Hi, I am Betty, I live in Nashville, Tn
Old 07-02-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by sew_southern
Originally Posted by Lou Lou
We're supposed to be getting a JoAnns in Chattanooga, on Gunbarrel Rd. next to Walmart, this fall. For those of us west of Knoxville and south of Nashville. :)
Oh, this is wonderful news I didn't know this. We sure need a great fabric shop. LavenderLime, South Terrace in Chattanooga is a great place to shop. The Staff are so friendly and helpful.
Don't forget the 7 others in the surrounding area as well!
We can never have enough fabric shops!! :) :)

I also plan to go to Knoxville, can hardly wait! :)
Old 07-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Power Poster

I live in Cowan. Winchester has a store called Hammers.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:00 PM

We're supposed to be getting a JoAnns in Chattanooga, on Gunbarrel Rd. next to Walmart, this fall. For those of us west of Knoxville and south of Nashville. :)
Oh, this is wonderful news I didn't know this. We sure need a great fabric shop. LavenderLime, South Terrace in Chattanooga is a great place to shop. The Staff are so friendly and helpful.
Don't forget the 7 others in the surrounding area as well!
We can never have enough fabric shops!! :) :)

I also plan to go to Knoxville, can hardly wait! :)
The only shops I know are LavenderLime , Hancocks and Walmart, are the other shops near us?
Old 07-02-2010, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by pam1966
I live in Jackson, which is in between Memphis and Nashville. We have a really nice LQS called Sew Many Ideas, you can see it from the interstate. :D
HI Pam1966, Ilive in Corinth, Ms. Just across the state line from TN. Was born in Memphis amd lived there for years. I have a sister who lives in Jackson. I go there a lot.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
I'm a "north of the border" neighbor up here in Bowling Green, KY. It's about 20 minutes over to Whittles and I know the way LOL

Seriously - I'd love to be included in any Nashville area plans!
I have a family reunion in August in Morgantown Ky. My cousins wife and I go on a "shop hop" every year. We did not find a quilt shop in Bowli ng Green but found a great one up toward Elizabethtown. We also found them scarce in Nashville, found a great one in Goodlettsville, TN. So if any of you have any shops within 100 miles or so of Bowling Green that we could visit this year, I'd love for you to PM me. Also, I used to live in Nashville in the late 50's, I was in high school. I love Tennessee and Kentucky (I was born in Louisville).
Old 07-02-2010, 04:31 PM

The only shops I know are LavenderLime , Hancocks and Walmart, are the other shops near us?
I was including both Hobby Lobby's in Chatt. & 1 in Cleveland. Sew-Bee-It in Ringgold, Hyderhangout is a small, new shop in downtown Cleveland & Swafford Fabrics in Dayton (old shop but quite a bit of fabric).
I live in the country so driving to these places are no problem, I seem to be in the middle of most areas. It takes me 30 min. to even get to the malls! Lol
Old 07-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Power Poster

And here I am...another from West Tenn....Middleton to be exact.....just a little bit too far from most things to be convenient :lol: :lol: I mostly shop in Jackson (yes, Sew Many Ideas..love Trish and her staff) and also in Corinth, Ms at the new QS there...the owner is super!

I went to the LQS in Bartlett 1 time....it was my 1st and last. She tore my fabric even though I asked her not to. :evil:
Old 07-02-2010, 04:49 PM

grannyw5, I live in Bartlett, There is a great shop there called Klassy Kats it is on Elmore street.Then there is one in Arlington about 15 min from there.You can pm me and I will give you my phone # SO WHEN YOU COME TO TOWN i WOULD BE GLAD TO SHOW YOU.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:54 PM

I just got back from TN. My daughter lives in Hermitage. I actually took a day to myself and drove up to the Quilt Museum in Paducah. BEAUTIFUL quilts.
Love the area around Nashville and always enjoy my visits.
We went to Franklin the last time we were in TN and I found an amazing quiltshop there in a strip mall. If I remember the name I'll let you klnow. They had TONS of Civil War fabrics (surprise!?)