Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
MY GOAL FOR THIS WEEK - Do you have any goals for this week? >

MY GOAL FOR THIS WEEK - Do you have any goals for this week?

MY GOAL FOR THIS WEEK - Do you have any goals for this week?

Old 07-06-2010, 07:29 AM

Making bassinet sheets for my granddaughter :lol:
Old 07-06-2010, 07:54 AM

Ironed fabrics and cut squares. Got four blocks sewn before hubby said "I'm hungry!" Fixed him a fresh tomato sandwich (not cooking today) and cleaned up the kitchen again. So far I've done 2 meals and 1 load of laundry, made the bed, fed the dog, etc. Now, back to the crib quilt.........TaTa
Old 07-06-2010, 08:03 AM

OH MAWMAW - Fresh tomato sandwiches - Yummmmmm It'll be weeks before we can eat tomatoes from the garden.

I got over 1 1/2 hours of ironing done. Had to stop to flip the laundry and make a phone call.

Next: Put dinner in crockpot, flip the laundry and go back to ironing.

LOVE BEING OFF WORK TODAY!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
Going to post a goal I made up for myself yesterday in the hopes that it'll help me be accountable for it and accomplish it.

MY GOAL:
Iron the HUGE HUGE HUGE piles of fabrics sitting in baskets. They're recently purchased and have been washed and dried. I'm really tired of looking at the mess.

HOW WILL I MAKE IT HAPPEN?
Iron *at least* 30 minutes 2 times a day (longer if I have more time on days off).

Do you have a goal for this week?
Here's what I do that might speed up your progress - DON'T iron washed fabrics. Fold them as smoothly as you can, but if they aren't ironed I can tell easily which ones are washed and which aren't. Plus, you're going to have to iron it again anyway when you go to use it - especially if it sits in a closet for a while.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:01 AM

:lol: My goal is to stop procrastinating so darn much and get cutting for a quilt I have to have finished by Sept 12 and it's 94x94in. Sheeish have changed my mind a thousand plus times on which pattern to use and even designed and redesigned patterns in my EQ program.....kick kick my butt.
So that is my goal for the week..... :thumbup:
Old 07-06-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by puck116
Practice hand quilting (brand new at it) so I have something to bring with me for a car trip next week. Make a purse for my sister who is driving for the car trip next week. Make placemats to hand quilt for trip. I have other things to quilt, but unless I get better at it I don't want to quilt those yet.
Helping DH cut cellar floor to install a sump pump. I'm sucking up as much dust with the shop vac as I can. Not working too well and what a mess. DH just went out to get a jack hammer cuz the saw didn't cut down far enough. Been here 33 yrs and too many improvement projects to count. I'm ready to move into something brand new. By the time that needs repairs we'll be too old to care.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:12 AM

My goals- finish 3 Downy quilts; sew 4 4" star blocks for a friend; work on my batik jelly roll quilt; start my wall hanging for a "chicken" challenge for our guilds tea next year; make some blueberry jam before my berries spoil or I eat them all; pick plums from my tree and get them out to friends before I eat too many them as well. And lastly, try not to totally trash my sewing room in the process. I had it looking good over the weekend but now another week begins. It's a cycle.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:38 AM

Organize my two 3-drawer fabric accordingly
Do 7 9-patch blocks for the week
Cut material for 7 more 9-patch blocks

Topper1 - do you have a pattern/tutorial for the sweatshirt jacket? How about a picture example? If a pattern where did you get it?

Old 07-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

I want to finish my hard hats quilt.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by mollymct
This week I hope to finish putting together all of my blocks on my quilt--I did nine last night! (this is my first quilt, a baby quilt) I'd also like to get them pressed and look further into sashing and/or borders--both the fabrics and the process!
Ok, so I pretty much sailed through the first nine squares and last night bogged down on TWO squares! I fussed over them till they were done, but , whew! Quilting really elicits a variety of emotions, doesn't it? Lol.

I still plan to finish all the blocks this week! Not far now. (This is a small quilt.)