DIFFERENT NAMES

Old 07-27-2010, 12:28 PM

I was one of 16 Patricia's in high school (and one Patrice!) My grandmother wouldn't let my parents name me Patti-Anne, but my dad always called me that.
Nowadays I am Trish or Lacey, lol!

My daughter has a unique name because I hated being so common!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:35 PM

My name is Carmen Renee'. My aunts and uncles call me renee which they say as ren nee. My brother calls me Harley because he says my butt is as big as a HD wide glyde (lol). Never liked my name, but don't dislike it enough to change it. Could be worse!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:41 PM

My name is Jerrie Lewis ( Jerry on Birth certificate ) every one during childhood called me.... Jerry Lee Lewis
Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 PM

My first name is Thelma, I go by my middle name< Lucinda, I fit it much better. Both of them were my gm's names. No one calls me Thelma, except the Dr. office, since both my Gm and Gpa are gone now to them I was always Thelma Lou. Liked that even worse than Thelma. But, they said it out of love, cause GM was Thelma Louise.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:01 PM

My name is Muriel (mother's middle name) which I hated growing up for a few reasons. One I just didn't like it, then I grew up during the 60's when Muriel Cigars were popular and I hated it when some one would walk by and say "just pick one up and smoke her sometime" which was their theme line. Also people have a difficult time remembering it so mom would say if you can remember Cereal than you'll think of Muriel...aarrggh, but what was worse was my maiden name was Smart, just try to live that down especially when "Get Smart" was a hit series at the time. I was always "Get Smart", Not So Smart, or Not So's Kid.
Then when I got married it changed to Toole (e) is silent
so now I tell people I'm a smart toole... We call the house the Toole Shed and every once in awhile I will pick up the phone and answer "Tooleshed, Lady Hammerhead speaking" it throws people off abit. My husband's handle when we had C.B's was Hammerhead and the car was the Toolebox Mobile ofcourse.
Muriel
Old 07-27-2010, 02:30 PM

OMG! What a small world. Kwiltkrazy...my real name is Lucinda and I HATE it. Im glad somebody likes it. Up here in the North, You hardly ever hear it except for villains in soap operas. I was named IN A CONTEST. Lucinda was my great grandmother's name. She was from WV.

I go by Cindy. You can always tell when people dont know me they will call me Linda, Lucinda, Lucy or just stutter.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:47 PM

That's funny. I was always call Thelma, then when I moved away from home, I told everyone my name was Lucinda, then they would try and shorten it and I told them it was Lucinda or Miss Lieder, they called me Lucinda, but my dear hubby calls me 'CindaLu and I love it. Now I don't even respond to Thelma, except at the Dr. office. I keep telling them they can call me Lucinda, but they never remember.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Power Poster

I never had a nickname except for my grandpa who nicknamed all his kids and grandkids.Mine was Punky. don't know why. Noone has ever called me Ron or Ronnie. I would have hated it.

My son however I named Nathan, He had a teacher that wouldn't call him Nathan. He insisted he had to call him by his full legal name of Nathaniel. I did NOT name my son Nathaniel. It is just Nathan! But that man refused to listen to me! LOL

My youngest is named after his dad Glen Wayne. so he is Glen Wayne II We usually call him little Glen or my MIL dubbed him GW when he was little. I tend to call him GDub. Which he now hates! He is now six ft 3 and we call him Little Glen! His yr old has to look up a long way and he doesn't think daddy looks so Little! LOL
Old 01-01-2011, 03:04 PM

Reviving this thread:

Sorry ladies, most of you that hate your names. I totally love them(Charisma> HaHa!, awesome)...I grew up with a unique name ( Dene'- pronounced like Renee') and although I hated no one remembering how to say it and teachers stumbling over it..I did like it ok..
I never heard of anyone with the name while growing up - Although, I've heard it on several younger kids recently..
My Dad told me he made it up cause he didn't want to name me Rene like my mother wanted.However, I think there was a movie star back then named Dene Merrill( and my last name is Merrill)..I think they just added the accent mark lol

I am curious, Those of you with more unique names...How did that carry over when naming your children?.. With me, I Haaad to have something a little unique lol.. My poor son was born during my harliquen romance phase and he came verrry close to being named Gunner Six or Dillon Slaide(with a long A)- laughing ::..Thankfully, hubby liked names like Bruce so a compomise was in order = Devin..
I named my daughter Kearstin, my poor angel passed a way..But, I still remember my father never remebering how to pronounce her name..Hence, to him, she was addressed as " lil stinkpot" lol
Old 01-01-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by renee765
Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa

Although Alexis Hunter kinda sounds like a teacher's name to me. :P
'Alexis Hunter' kinda sounds like the heroine in a romance novel, to me!
I agree, sounds like a ''star'' :)