Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar >

My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar

My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar

Old 08-02-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
Minimum for that many squares with that many pieces plus the design work would be $300. That quilt, which, by the way will be stunning with the kites, is a $1000. quilt here in the east. You should enter it somewhere before she gets it back. Its sure to win a prize. Or make a pattern to sell. I would buy a pattern this intricate,
Thank you! I will have to start sending my quilts to you to sell if they bring that much back there. I sell them all way too cheap!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:28 AM

Cant wait to see it when you finish. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by danmar
Originally Posted by Eagle Hawk
Originally Posted by danmar
Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
I think it will be pretty, anyway. I like the colors a lot. And I did actually think the kite shapes made it look better (not that it was bad before). But I can imagine how I would be gritting my teeth every time the phone rang with her wanting to change her mind every little bit!
Oh! I guess that I forgot to mention that I love the Kites! I think it will be really awesome looking. I am just a little concerned about the dark blues and dark purple that will go in the Carpenter's Stars. I think the colors for the little 8 Point Stars and the red and green will all look great! I'm going to probably talk to her and see if she can get more of the one red I use if I need it, so that all the reds match throughout the quilt.

Yea, the kites will be awesome. My DH is just sure that I will hear from her again with more changes. :lol:

I think it will look a bit like a planned scrap quilt, although I hope she won't see it that way. A scrap quilt, meaning so many different colors. If it works out with all those colors I think it will be one absolutely beautiful quilt. With you expertise I have no doubt it will work out great and I am so anxious to see the final results as well as the tutorial as you do it. Go for it. I am sure it will be fantastic!
Thank you, EagleHawk. I knew I could count on your being behind me 100%. and It will be fantastic!
Of course I am behind you 100%; you are one of my quilting idols.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:22 AM

If you can't charge her more, then tell her for the price you quoted, it has to be limited to "x" number of colors and as the quilt artist you have the final say in the material that will be used.

HUGS.

I am in the middle of designing a quilt and I don't have the computer to help me with so it's been a long drawn out process. Luckily my friend is a male and he doesn't suggest stuff unless I ask him. ;)

Hang in there.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by stefanib123
Ok, here's the REAL story:

Agent Pauline is a super secret FBICIAABC agent. There is a top secret mission that needs a super secret, super special quilt to save the world. Pauline MUST find the one person who is up to the challenge and has been predicted by the ancient Amish to appear in the 21st century.

Enter THE TESTS. Agent Pauline has been searching the world over testing and trying to find THE ONE who has the gift that is required for this super secret quilt. Candidates are tested with tests that will kill a mere mortal quilter. THE ONE has not been found. Time is running out.

Will Danmar be THE ONE? Has Agent Pauline finally found the one that she has searched to the ends of the earth for? Will the prediction be fulfilled and mankind saved?

Tune in next time to find out!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love you whole story!! It is funny!!!
I am looking forward to seeing this quilt when you get it done!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:05 PM

I saw a lot of humor and a lot of myself in this story! Takes me forever to start a project because I either keep changing my mind, or find another fabric that I just have to incorporate into the plan! LOL
Old 08-02-2010, 03:20 PM

You are apparently one of the most patient people on the face of the earth!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:08 AM

I am sure this quilt will be as beautiful as all your quilts are and you seem to be looking forward to it. Have fun.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:17 AM

Pauline used to quilt? Then, let her make her own quilt, is what I would say. LOL
Old 08-03-2010, 05:28 AM

you have more backbone than I have. I don't know how much you have figured the price to be now, but I can tell you that you are underpriced by a 1000%. Obviously Pauline does not sew or have any idea the amount of hours and weeks you are going to spend creating this masterpiece, but I really doubt she will be happy with it at the end. Anyone who can't decide what she wants after that many iterations will still not be happy with the end result. At least you can be assured that you will have petitpoint cushions in heaven.