Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ5 assistance >

EQ5 assistance

EQ5 assistance

Old 08-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Banned

Ok I went to school and got a degree in computer networking and business administration and you would think that after earning 2 Microsoft degrees I would understand how to use this software. I think that maybe the volume of pain meds might just might be my problem but then again I think it might have gotten the best of me. Ok deap breath :) So my question is this I found a block that I want to be the whole quilt (it is a celtic design) I just cannot make it work. I have watched the videos and have a link for a tutorial for the EQ7 which is supposed to help. I am not sure why I purchased this I will have say that I am one of those people if someone else has a cool toy I want it too LOL I see the beautiful quilts some of you have made with the software so I come to you once again with a need. :) Sorry for going on like this Thank you so much for your guidence on this!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Power Poster

So you want to expand this one block so it is the size of a whole quilt correct? The first thing that comes to mind is you can click on layout and change your number of blocks to 1 and then change the size of your block. I changed it to 12 by 16 and clicked on a quilt block and it spread the quilt block out across the whole enlarged block.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Banned

Thank you I knew it had to be simplicitic! I will keep at it!
Old 08-05-2010, 03:21 AM

I have 7 so I'm going to take a stab in the dark. When you put your block in Sketchbook you can then work on it, by clicking on Worktable at the top, then block. On the tool bar you can resize your block to any size you want.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:54 AM

I bought EQ5 when it was new, I have used lots of different programs, taken lots of classes, (since the 80's until recently).

BUT HERE'S THE KICKER, I GAVE UP STRUGGLING WITH EQ5 AND WILL NOT PURCHASE 6 OR 7 OR ANY OTHER THING THEY COME OUT WITH!! IT IS PERHAPS THE MOST USER UNFRIENDLY PROGRAM I HAVE USED IN YEARS. STRICKLY MY OPINION! I HAVEN'T TRIED OTHER PROGRAMS BECAUSE I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THE EQ5.

:-(

Longarm
Old 08-05-2010, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Longarm
I bought EQ5 when it was new, I have used lots of different programs, taken lots of classes, (since the 80's until recently).

BUT HERE'S THE KICKER, I GAVE UP STRUGGLING WITH EQ5 AND WILL NOT PURCHASE 6 OR 7 OR ANY OTHER THING THEY COME OUT WITH!! IT IS PERHAPS THE MOST USER UNFRIENDLY PROGRAM I HAVE USED IN YEARS. STRICKLY MY OPINION! I HAVEN'T TRIED OTHER PROGRAMS BECAUSE I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THE EQ5.

:-(

Longarm
Wow... I thought EQ was the easiest, best-documented piece of software I have ever used. I don't remember If I started with eq5 or EQ6. My only issue has been with excessive re-draw times when working on a quilt with hundreds of patches in it.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:28 AM

I haven't found it that difficult. For me doing the lessons is key, they really provide you with great info and have been very beneficial. I'm not by any means a computer wizard either. Also, when I've had a question that I couldn't figure out EQ Technical Support has been absolutely wonderful and at times even humerous with me!! :lol: :lol: Sometimes I can be soooo dense! :shock:
Old 08-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Well, I've been trying to modify a block today, and I must say that the drawing tool is rather primitive and annoying compared to Adobe Illustrator, for instance. (Granted, Illustrator costs 8 times what EQ7 does, but it makes designing complex blocks a bit challenging)
Old 08-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

EQ forum questions are answered by EQ staff. It's so simple to ask how do I do _____ and get a detailed how to from experts. Go to EQ website. It's not a secret.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:41 PM

Where do you find lessons for EQ5?