Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Travel case for sewing machine >

Travel case for sewing machine

Travel case for sewing machine

Old 08-06-2010, 10:14 AM

I take my sewing machine to quilting classes and also when we travel. I needed a case to put the machine in so have been checking around. Haven't found much that is affordable in sewing machine stores but, in Hobby Lobby yesterday found, on sale at $50, a beautiful rolling scrapbook tote. It's padded, on wheels, has a travel handle and has lots of storage pockets. Inside flap even holds 14 pencils. Even has a separate plastic box 12x12 that's perfect for blocks. Got it home and found my Bernina fits in it perfectly. So I have a nice travel bag for my machine, plus lots of space to put in all the extras - pencils, scissors, rulers, etc. If you're looking for a case for your machine check out the crafts section. Joann's has one also at the same price but it's not the same quality s this one.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:21 AM

I have a long bed Viking Sapphire. I broke down and bought the Tutto bag for it, but I feel very comfortable taking my machine out of the house. I've spent about 10% of the value of a musical instrument for a road case for it (like $250 for a flight case for my keyboard, and a few hundred for a hard-shell case for my cello), so I didn't mind spending about that much for my sewing machine.

http://www.tutto.com/16h_monster.html

I also like that it collapses to a skinny little thing for storage!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:58 PM

I have a Tutto and also the bag that fits on top. I got a bargain at the quilt show and got both for $275. I had a cheaper one but it didn't hold up, didn't have the harness to keep my machine from moving around in it, and didn't last long.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:44 PM

pricey but nice i,ll have to save for one