Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Acrylic sewing tables...are they worth it?? >

Acrylic sewing tables...are they worth it??

Acrylic sewing tables...are they worth it??

Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 PM

I have custom table tops for my Janome AQS and for my Pfaff 2.0 expression. It makes a tremendous difference in my sewing for both the fabrics and my lower back. I recommend highly. And when you attend workshops/classes, it's a must. With limited working space this is a great space saver. I keep all my strips under the acrylic to bring up as I need them. You can also have a finished block under neath to help remind you of what you are putting together. And for a number of reasons and uses. My acrylic tops pack nicely into the totes for each machine, just be sure to cover it with batting or bubble wrap. The surface can be scratched up easily. So be careful but get one. You will love it.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:52 PM

My husband purchased me an acrylic table for my sewing machine as one of my birthday gifts this year. I do not know how I went so long without one. It has definitely made my quilting/sewing a lot easier. I would recommend one to anyone.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 PM

Wow, this adjustable table from Sewingmates is great! I use 3 machines regularly, Pfaff, Janome, and Juki. To have 1 table that would fit all 3 machines would save a lot of money! I have one that came with the Pfaff so I usually take that machine to classes and retreats. I have "inserts" for my drop in sewing table for all 3 machines, 2 commercially made and one made to my specifications at Tap plastics. I sometimes prop these inserts up on plastic containers under the corners of the insert if I need to take one to a class. Works much better if the containers are filled with M&Ms or peanuts or chocolate of some sort!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:12 PM

I also have a acriylic table however we bought a sheet at the building store and my hubby cut the machine groove out. you can use wooden dowels for the feet or buy theadjustable ones. lot less than $100.00.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by twistedstitcher
Couldn't live without mine!
Me either. I don't see how anybody can work without one unless their machine is sunk into a table top.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by retired2pa
I've been thinking about buying a large (24x24) acrylic sewing table for my one machine but wondered if any of you have one, do you like it, and is it worth the $100 price tag?
You betcha girl. I have a big one 24x24 for my Bernina and love it. I have had it for about 4 yrs or more now. I was rather hesitant about buying it at first but I was desperate and needed the extra space. I don't know what took me so long to decide. I bought a FW this summer on Ebay and when I have extra funds, plan to buy a table for it. You won't regret getting it. It is portable too, I take it with me every month to my quilting group. Now some others in the group have purchased one and they love theirs too.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:05 PM
Banned

I don't have one. wish I did. God bless.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:32 AM

I am so glad to hear almost all positive responses to the plastic sewing table! I am widowed and do not have a DH to do things for me so I had to order it and am really looking forward to receiving it! I am learning so much from this group - thanks!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:21 AM

I looked at these and considered, but then due to a flood in my sewing room from a leaking radiator, we had to redo my sewing room. Now I have a table that my machine sits down in and I have the acrylic insert for the table. I LOVE how much room I have at my table! :-)
Old 08-26-2010, 02:02 PM

I have a Dream Table extension for my Pfaff and don't use my Pfaff much anymore but I used the table as a light box. Works great. I got a cabinet to put my machines in so now I have the insert for my Pfaff and my Bernina..could't live with out them...look on Amazon for a good price..