Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
are these similar >

are these similar

are these similar

Old 08-28-2010, 03:46 PM

I got a digitizer Jr with my Janome which I`m just getting into.
I hear alot here about these eq softwear.
Are these the same thing?
What is the difference?
Thanks Gale
Old 08-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

Electric Quilter sells a lot of different software programs to design quilt blocks, quilts, and quilting designs.
http://www.electricquilt.com/ This is their website you can go and read what you need to know.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:55 AM

Have not heard of Digitizer Jr, but I imagine by the name it is the software to be able to digitize your drawings/pictures into embroidery designs that you then sew onto fabric.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:56 PM

A digitizer program is used to create embroidery files as far as I know. EQ allows you to designs quilts. The two are totally different. I have not heard of Digitizer Jr., but used Digitizer Pro for years.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:56 AM

Hello Gale ~ You've gotten the answer from others but I thought I'd answer too about the Digitizer Jr. (Hi, I'm new by the way and this is my first post) Your Digitizer Jr software will allow you minimal digitizing capabilities, but does give you the ability to create monograms, and a few other embroidery designs yourself. I don't know a lot about the Janome software because I have a Viking machine.

You should have gotten free classes with your machine which should include a class to enable you to utilize your new software as well. I could be wrong since I don't know that software, but you might be able to create your own quilting designs and borders as well. It sounds as if you got a machine that does embroidery since you got that software with it. I do know with your software that you have the capability however, to buy embroidery designs and incorporate those into your quilts. The software allows you to open and view your designs on screen if it is similar to the Viking software and on screen you can add lettering or other designs and then save that as one design to embroider onto your fabric. The full blown Janome digitizing software is very costly as you might imagine.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 AM

Thanks for all the imput.
I just have to learn how to work it.
Thank goodness for Sil who knows puters and softwear!
Gale
Old 08-30-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by grma33
Thanks for all the imput.
I just have to learn how to work it.
Thank goodness for Sil who knows puters and softwear!
Gale
You're welcome. Digitizing programs are a totally different breed. My husband who works in computers by profession and I took a digitizing class on Generations and it's not easy. There's so much to know about designs and how they stitch out so fabric doesn't pull and the stabilizers etc. Good luck.