Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What are your Labor Day Weekend Plans? >

What are your Labor Day Weekend Plans?

Old 09-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Google Goddess

Hi Everyone,

If you are planning on sewing or quilting please post here so we can see what all you plan to do and afterwards post pictures for show and tell. We should have a Quilting marathon (everyone sews, quilts, and then on Tuesday to post what you got done)

I will be cleaning my sewing room and just having fun organizing my house.

Also will be getting ready for my trip on Tuesday, September 7, 2010 to drive to Shipshewana, Indiana to meet up with quilting board members at Lolly's Quilt Shop and out for dinner. It will be a fun day.

If you can please come and join us. I will post the link here about the day.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-50913-1.htm

Updates, hope you can come and meet us, some of us meeting early so if you want to meet early 9:00 am or so just send me a PM so I can give you my cell #

Bring your hubby if you like as Earlylace hubby is coming and will need someone to chat with!!!

Shipshewana, Indiana September 7, 2010

also if you are going to arrive early we are also planning on meeting at Jo Jo's pretzel next door to Lolly's quilt shop for pretzels at 11:00 a.m. come and join us if you like to, be sure to pin a piece of fabric on your top so we know you are part of our Quilting Board group, I will be arriving in Shipshewana at 9:00 am. about 2 hour drive for me

The date has been set for anyone wanting to meet at Shipshewana, Indiana on September 7, 2010. We are planning on meeting at the quilt store Lolly's downtown at 3:30 pm. and be sure to pin a piece of fabric to wear so we can recognize each other! I will write on mine "Craftybear" Quilting Board.

Afterwards, we are planning on eating supper together.

*** Lace has a spot for us to eat dinner together
This is the place for dinner, 5 & 20 Country Kictchen, 7995 W. US 20, Shipshewana IN. Please pm earlylace if you will be having dinner with us, so she can make reservations if its a large group. Dinner time is 5:15pm on Tue Sept. 7th. Thanks, Lace ******
Old 09-01-2010, 04:45 AM

Hubby and his brother are taking the camper to a local campground Thurs. after work. I have strange work days, so I'll be joining them on Sat. after work and staying until Tues. I'm hoping to get some sewing in before I leave. Looking forward to it cooling down.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:53 AM

On Saturday my dh and dd want to go to a Sweet Corn Festival. On Sunday we go to church and on Monday we have to go to DH's family reunion. There's a very good reason why family reunions are only held once a year.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:57 AM

Saturday my two sisters and two of my three brothers(3rd one is stationed in FL and can't make it home) and I along with our husbands, wives and families will be getting together to enjoy each others company and have an end of summer BBQ. We'll also celebrate one brothers birthday. The rest of the weekend I will be sitting on pins and needles waiting for my new sewing machine to arrive. So I guess I'll just have to distract myself with a little sewing.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:58 AM

Well, I'm staying home hoping to get some sewing done. Sometimes sitting for long periods is a battle, but I need to perform a 'war' around here! I've got lots (I won't say, TOO many) of things to do and all of them are in fabric. Ain't that cool?

Hope everyone stays safe and relaxes the extra day.

Blessings,
Ruth
Old 09-01-2010, 05:06 AM

My oldest son and family are coming this weekend...they are 2 1/2 hrs drive from me but they have such a busy life they only make it home two or three times a yr. I am so looking forward to that special time with them. Hubby works so I will also be sewing or cutting anyways doing something in my sewing room. Have a safe and fun holiday.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

No sewing for me over the holiday. Family coming and 2 BBQ's to attend. I might not get to spend much time here either. Oh I can feel the withdrawals already. Y'all have a safe and fun weekend.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:19 AM

sewing, quilting...daughter will be here for a day to get granddaughter. The rest of the time is MINE!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:23 AM

Grandkids staying Saturday night. Hope to get some yard work done, but mostly cleaning sewing room and getting anyother project or 2 under way. Always plan waaaayyyy more than I can possibly accomplish. Will probably take off work early Friday so I can get a head start! Everyone have a safe and fun weekend!
Old 09-01-2010, 06:27 AM

Working ! I'm in health care so not many holidays here :-(