Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
A great big huge giant thank you!!!! >

A great big huge giant thank you!!!!

A great big huge giant thank you!!!!

Old 09-04-2010, 08:38 AM

I want to say thank you out there to all the quilters that donate quilts! You are sooooo appreciated, doing something so unexpected to those in need.

My 2 1/2 year old son had RSV when he was 10 weeks old. They told us at the time that he would be expected to have respiatory problems in the future, and more than likely, end up with asthma. He has seemed to get more than his fair share of colds throughout the year, and they always get to his respiatory system. He ends up with really bad coughing, wheezing, and no ammount of using his nebulizer seems to help. Back to the Dr we go, and twice this year now the ER when it has gotten so bad there was nothing we could do to stop/help the coughing. They can never seem to find out what brings in on though, and seem to always just want to treat the symptoms instead of finding the cause. We went to Children's Hospital ER a few weeks ago for bad coughing and wheezing, and when they did an X-ray, they found spots that looking like asthma, and shadowing in the bottom portion that they said looked like pneumonia. They admitted him so that he could be seen by a pulmonoligist (lung Dr). The pulmonoligist ordered a number of different tests, and we finally have some answers as to why this has been happening to our little guy! Since he has been a baby, he has been aspirating a portion of everything that he drinks (and eats of he has food or food particles in his mouth) into his lungs. His lungs have been in a constant state of irritation, being succeptable to infection, and most likely bringing on the asthma attacks. And we now know why he spit up SOOO much as a baby.

As I sat in the hospital with my little guy, not knowing why he was having so hard of a time, and just wishing we were home and he was fine, the nurse left something in the room for him. It was a Project Linus blanket! Tears came to my eyes instantly. Feelings so overwhelmed, not being able to help my baby, and in dire need of some answers, my quilting family came to our rescue, and wrapped us in love and comfort. In fact the next day, another nurse brought another blanket, a quilt this time, while we weren't in the room. When I told her that we had already recieved one she said take it, once it has been in your room they can't give it to anyone else. Wow. So blessed. So to my quilting family, you are so kind and generous, thank you for your love and support, it came at just the right time!! I wasn't really in the state of mind to take any pics of him in the hospital with them, but here they are now, and he is feeling fantastic now too :)

Karen
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110745.jpe   attachment-110746.jpe  
Old 09-04-2010, 08:40 AM

The only thing better than those beautiful quilts, and the wonderful quilters who made them, is the smile on your baby's face.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:42 AM

Oh, he is so precious!! Making those quilts are for many of us an act of love, some of us have had friends and relatives in the same situation and this is our way of giving back and doing something we love to do as well.

>>>>>
Old 09-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

He is so cute and I love that smile! What a sweet thing to help in your time of need!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:25 AM

Awww..It may not be "correct" to call a little boy pretty, but he sure is a pretty one!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:27 AM

That is the one part of donating a quilt that I miss....not being able to see the beautiful smile of the recipient. Thank you for sharing this, it will give us all motivation to keep going with our donation quilts. He is adorable!!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:27 AM

precious little one.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:28 AM

A very touching story, glad you got answers to his problems and wrapped in love at the same visit. Quilters are the best.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:35 AM

Thanks for sharing a beautiful story. The pic of your son is wonderful!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:37 AM

Very touching story!