Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone have a Easyquilter III and do you like it? >

Does anyone have a Easyquilter III and do you like it?

Does anyone have a Easyquilter III and do you like it?

Old 09-20-2010, 02:42 AM

I went to a quilt show this past weekend and found the Easyquilter III. It's only $500 and turns your regular sewing machine into a longarm of sorts. I tried it out and liked it very much, but I would like the opinions of others who have it and see what you think.

http://www.easyquilter.com/eq3%20track.htm
Old 09-20-2010, 02:47 AM

I don't have it but I'll be interested in what others say too.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:00 AM

If you search easy quiter on this board you'll find all kinds of opions. I think its like with anything else you'll find your loves and loves not. I did some reasearch on it a couple of years ago and it looks fairly simple to make. Theres a cheaper model of it on youtube. I know its in one of the posts here. I'll see if I can find it.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:20 AM

This guy has a simular frame. I found replacement wheels online for a gracie i believe, I think I could make one for under $200, well DH could...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F24UUQdBW5I
Old 09-20-2010, 04:29 AM

I have a Handi-Quilter. It's similar, but longer - adjustable. I don't use it much BECAUSE - as you are quilting away, the finished portion is rolled up on a bar that fits in the space between the machine's needle and the head (called the harp). The more you quilt, the larger the roll gets. Pretty soon, you are left with about 2" of space for your needle to move around. I have not tried it with my Janome 6600P. I gave up using it when I was working on a queen-size quilt & could only get 1/2 way across & I had it on the frame length-wise!
Old 09-20-2010, 04:48 AM

Same here, same reason - used my Janome with it - didn't like keeping it up the whole time and too lazy to put it up, take it down, etc.

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
I have a Handi-Quilter. It's similar, but longer - adjustable. I don't use it much BECAUSE - as you are quilting away, the finished portion is rolled up on a bar that fits in the space between the machine's needle and the head (called the harp). The more you quilt, the larger the roll gets. Pretty soon, you are left with about 2" of space for your needle to move around. I have not tried it with my Janome 6600P. I gave up using it when I was working on a queen-size quilt & could only get 1/2 way across & I had it on the frame length-wise!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by bisbetica
I went to a quilt show this past weekend and found the Easyquilter III. It's only $500 and turns your regular sewing machine into a longarm of sorts. I tried it out and liked it very much, but I would like the opinions of others who have it and see what you think.

http://www.easyquilter.com/eq3%20track.htm
I saw one at the MN Quilt Show, in June and bought one. It works slick. You might need to adjust your machine to make it be the same height as the rails ( I just put one of my rotary rulers underneath the machine). It does take practice using it tho. I've learned to fmq on my machine, so this is different. I also have had trouble making round circles, they end up being squarish circles. You also need to have lots more backing to wrap around the rails or can't fmq right up to the edge of your top. A learning curve for sure.