Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Help---I need a hug!!!!! >

Help---I need a hug!!!!!

Help---I need a hug!!!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 06:39 AM

Sending you a hug but not because of any problem with your quilt. I'm not sure what the problem is that you see, I think it's beautiful. It's a new-to-me pattern and the colors are wonderful together. Add in an extra hug for your sister.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:49 AM

I agree with others who say the points may not even show after it's quilted. Perhaps another suggestion would be to do simple stylized embroidered flowers/leaves to cover the worse points. Place a pin at the bad points and perhaps a pattern will show up to give you an idea of just how much embroidery would be needed. Waaay back during my smoking days, I got a burn in a new pant suit sleeve. I covered the hole with a life-sized lady bug pin. No one saw the hole and it was an attention getter with people trying to get the little lady bug off my arm so the button idea might be a fun thing to do as others might think you forgot to pick them all up. Sometimes attention is a distraction.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:53 AM

I had the same problem a neighbor gave me a quilt top that her mother hand pieced, it was awful it was cut uneven, stitched uneven but I went ahead and finished it for her, she is in rehab and not doing well she is 86 so the quilt was quite old as it was pieced by her mother. I did embroidery stitches over all the seams to sturdy it up found a little hole so put a little red heart on that, put the backing and binding on then prayed really hard it did not fall apart when I washed it. Took it to her last week and she was thrilled, I told her now when she is cold or upset put the quilt around her and feel her mothers arms around her, she smiled so sweet. My work was worth every minute even if I did think it was a ugly quilt. Will have to get a picture of her and her quilt
Old 09-30-2010, 07:07 AM

I read some other comments before replying and saw the full picture. This is a lovely quilt and not one will notice that these points are off after it is quilted. The whole idea is that it is something that your sister started for her daughter and now it will be a finished memory for her. Just finish it and love it the way it is.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:12 AM

I don't see what you are seeing, I think it is beautiful... And after its quilted it will change.. I would not worry, she will be so happy, to rec this wonderful gift.. I think its fantastic that you are doing this for your neice... (((HUGS)))
Old 09-30-2010, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by nwm50
what's to be disappointed with? I think it'a very lovely quilt! So here is a ~~~~HUGS~~~ for ya!
I agree, and here's more ((((HUGS))))((((HUGS))))((((HUGS)))) And think about this one: It is a lovely quilt, but where would it be if not for your efforts? If your niece doesn't sew, it would have eventually been delegated to the trash, as non-sewers tend to do with Mom's UFO's. You have saved a part of your sister for her daughter!!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:43 AM

Many hugs, too many to count....finish the quilt for your ds and dn...Your heart is certainly in the right place. Sally
Old 09-30-2010, 07:52 AM

I think the quilt is beautiful your neice will love it part of it was done by her mom and a very special AUNT (YOU)I am sure she will love it ! and a great big HUG FOR YOU!!!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:12 AM

You're being much too hard on yourself. this quilt is beautiful and I hope you post another pic when the borders are on. And I agree that your niece will never see what you see!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:13 AM

I think it's beautiful. Quilters see things in their quilts that no one else notices. This one has lots of your love intertwined and your niece will love it.