Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am so ashamed >

I am so ashamed

I am so ashamed

Old 10-08-2010, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Craftygirl
I can't believe what I just found. I was so inspired by you all that I went through my huge crate of tiny scraps, ironed it all, sorted into colours and into small plastic boxes. Then decided to put them with the larger plasic boxes that have my larger pieces in. This is when I had my "Oh My God" moment. I have sooooo much fabric. It felt a bit like Christmas, all this lovely fabric that I had forgotten I had. But I also realised just how much I DO NOT NEED TO VISIT A FABRIC SHOP for the rest of my life.

I know the feeling. I've had those moments -- but they do pass and then the next time you're near a fabric store.....
Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 AM

I know how we all feel. My dh keeps telling me that I don't need any more fabric. He just doesn't understand. It isn't about "needing" more fabric.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 AM

I can't believe what I just found. I was so inspired by you all that I went through my huge crate of tiny scraps, ironed it all, sorted into colours and into small plastic boxes. Then decided to put them with the larger plasic boxes that have my larger pieces in. This is when I had my "Oh My God" moment. I have sooooo much fabric. It felt a bit like Christmas, all this lovely fabric that I had forgotten I had. But I also realised just how much I DO NOT NEED TO VISIT A FABRIC SHOP for the rest of my life.
Oh yes you do, for your own sanity's sake. You need the smell, the feel, the eye contact with all this lovely fabric out there.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:02 AM

I took the Scrap Therapy class a few years ago and the teacher's theory was that scraps cost just as much as yard goods....so if you get them into useable shape.....your quilts cost you nothing extra. It took me a month to drag out all the boxes and bags of scraps (I did this while watching TV) and iron and cut. Since then, I'm made 13 Scrap Therapy quilts for my charity group.....and those are just the ones that I didn't buy extra fabric for the borders and bindings. It's true....if you've been quilting for awhile....the amount of scraps is astronomical.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:05 AM

Ditto, I just finished rearranging my stash to fit in more recent acquisitions. Found several that are almost alike. In two weeks I will settle down to my winter of quilting. Have two projects I laid out this morning, anxious to get them started. Have a couple of events coming up keeping me from starting today.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:16 AM

Don't be dramatic! :D Of course you will have to go into a fabric store at some point! :lol: :lol: I do the same thing! I am trying to use up my stash. At least now I am more organized to start more projects!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Power Poster

We will ALWAYS need to buy more fabric!! You just have to have that perfect fabric for that perfect quilt!!

I love the prints and colors!! I will NEVER have enough fabric!!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:59 AM

i noticed you used the word "need" but that doesnt mean you"wont" but anymore!! i tellmyself all the time i dont need any more fabric but i wont stay out of the fabric store and i buy more
Old 10-08-2010, 12:00 PM

Aw shucks, it really makes me feel good to make some space on the shelf...and, off to the stores, I go. Just can't have a bare space.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:19 PM

I can hardly get into my sewing room at the moment.. Have so many projects on the go but had to go to fabric warehouse today just to get 2 yards of cream fabric to border latest quilt. Guess what!! They had SOOOO many lovely fabrics in Ifinished up with 2 large bags full!! Oh well it.ll come in useful eventually!! Good job I had the credit card with me!!! I am not ashamed just very happy feeding my addiction :-D :-D :thumbup: