Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buffalo, NY JoAnn fabric shop >

Buffalo, NY JoAnn fabric shop

Buffalo, NY JoAnn fabric shop

Old 10-11-2010, 05:54 PM

I don't know exactly where i was in Buffalo...I think near Amherst because it wasn't far from my friend's house there...and the store was nice. I had read some threads here about bad experiences with JoAnns in general so took the opportunity to visit the store. It was a totally positive experience. I bought a few Christmas fabrics on sale and for one of them there was about .8yd of the fabric left on the bolt and I was asked if I wanted the rest for another 50% off on top of the 30% off so I took it. I was told the checkout clerk would take the % off but forgot to remind the clerk. I checked the receipt later after I left the store and it was discounted exactly as promised.

What was really fun though was getting a very nice demo on a couople of Husquavarna Viking embroidery machines. I was showing my friend the one I own, a Vking Sapphire 870 quilting machine when a staff person there came over and started talking to us and asked if we'd like to see the Sapphire Designer. She also showed us the new Topaz which was only $3,399 and does embroidery also. She was so knowledgeable and passionate about embroidery. She knew i was from WI and wouldn't be buying there but still spent lots of time with us and told me that if I ever wanted to upgrade that she was sure my local shop would give me a good deal. So if you're in the area, give them some business.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Power Poster

I live in western n.y and know the store you are talking about. It is a nice one. When I was looking for a new machine I went there and they were very helpful. The only thing that stopped me was it was to far to travel in the winter.
Glad you had a nice time shopping and hope you found people in n,y, to be friendly.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:52 PM
np3
Power Poster

Good to hear!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Power Poster

It's nice to hear something good about JoAnns. Ours is just wonderful too.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:31 PM

Is that the Transit Rd. store?