Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along >

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along

Old 11-06-2010, 11:41 AM

Here's another one, it's wk 7 - Pauline. Today I laid out all the blocks to see exactly what I have. I'm going to need 30 blocks altogether, but I think I'm going to need a few that aren't so busy. Using the 4 blocks by 4 blocks. I'm still not sure what color sashing I want to use, dark or light. But I do have to figure that out soon, because I want to start quilting as I go.

Wk 7 Pauline
[ATTACH=CONFIG]119893[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-119888.jpe  
Old 11-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Katie you are so good at picking out colors that match well. Pauline looks fabulous too. Your quilt is going to be georgious when it is done. Keep up the great work. I look forward to the next block.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Katie you are so good at picking out colors that match well. Pauline looks fabulous too. Your quilt is going to be georgious when it is done. Keep up the great work. I look forward to the next block.
Thanks CJ These are my favorite colors. So most of my stash are these colors. And when ever I get more fabric. I try to get something different, but end up right back with the same colors, just different prints.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by klgreene
Here's another one, it's wk 7 - Pauline. Today I laid out all the blocks to see exactly what I have. I'm going to need 30 blocks altogether, but I think I'm going to need a few that aren't so busy. Using the 4 blocks by 4 blocks. I'm still not sure what color sashing I want to use, dark or light. But I do have to figure that out soon, because I want to start quilting as I go.
Love this one too! You are doing a great job of these. So you would like some more 4 x4 quilt blocks? I like the 6 x 6 because I can put more design in them but I am happy to do some more 4 x 4s. I have 2 ready to post tomarrow so I can make the third one a 4 x 4 as I haven't even decided on the block to use yet. Any preferance?

I was playing with a quilt block I had designed earlier on and I was changing the color and turning blocks. These two designs came out of that same design. I do alot of what ifs. What if that color is darker or that color lighter what if I turn the light to dark and the dark to light. What if I turn that block into the corner instead of out and pinwheel that center instead of a solid center. I have so much fun!! I can sit and play for hours!!

Can you "see" the Boston Blocks in these two designs?
LOL One day you guys won't need me to do the layouts! You'll be able to look at the designs and see the "Blocks"
Everyone will either get so used to me that they can see how to do my designs without any layouts or they will be so tired of me they won't care!! LOL

Here is a preview of tomarrow's quilt blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]119915[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-119910.jpe   attachment-119914.jpe  
Old 11-06-2010, 05:29 PM

Absolutely beautiful...want to do these after Christmas. I am so bogged down with Christmas gifts now. Don't know why I do this to myself. Thought I had allowed enough time this year...evidently not!! Thanks for all you do for us Rhonda.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Love this one too! You are doing a great job of these. So you would like some more 4 x4 quilt blocks? I like the 6 x 6 because I can put more design in them but I am happy to do some more 4 x 4s. I have 2 ready to post tomarrow so I can make the third one a 4 x 4 as I haven't even decided on the block to use yet. Any preferance?

I was playing with a quilt block I had designed earlier on and I was changing the color and turning blocks. These two designs came out of that same design. I do alot of what ifs. What if that color is darker or that color lighter what if I turn the light to dark and the dark to light. What if I turn that block into the corner instead of out and pinwheel that center instead of a solid center. I have so much fun!! I can sit and play for hours!!

LOL One day you guys won't need me to do the layouts! You'll be able to look at the designs and see the "Blocks"
Everyone will either get so used to me that they can see how to do my designs without any layouts or they will be so tired of me they won't care!! LOL
Yeppers, I see the Boston Block, half blocks, and whole block. I just wanted to use some 4x4 so that when the spread is finished that your eyes travel on it, and not just see a lot of colors. I want people to be able to see the blocks. Does that make sense?
Old 11-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Yeppers, I see the Boston Block, half blocks, and whole block. I just wanted to use some 4x4 so that when the spread is finished that your eyes travel on it, and not just see a lot of colors. I want people to be able to see the blocks. Does that make sense?
Yes I get it. You want to break it up so the eye stops in some places and the quilt blocks don't blend together.

I designed one for this week. I will be posting it in just a little while.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:48 PM

oh goodie, can't wait. I'll go do the dishes now. Be back soon. LOL
Old 11-07-2010, 06:55 PM

Have to get to bed, this time change is killing me But I already have fabric laid out so tomorrow and I dig right in.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

Have to get to bed, this time change is killing me But I already have fabric laid out so tomorrow and I dig right in.
Can't wait to see what you come up with!!