Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours. >

Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

Cute things our Grandchildren say. Please add yours.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:34 PM

As invited, I have a couple I can add quickly:
My nephew and I were waiting to be served in a shop. He was about 6 at the time. After customers who had come in after us had been served before us a number of times, I was still trying to attract the sales girl's attention when a small male voice said very loudly and clearly,"Gee Auntie , do you have to be a MAN to be served in THIS shop!" Needless to say, we were next served (and he had not been coached).
The next was a friend's son: I was making a quilt and asked for whom I was making it . I replied that I was making it for my niece. My friend's four year old son piped up with: "You made one for my knees too, didn't you, Jitka? (and indeed I had).
I've been encouraged to add one about the niece, so hope it's not too long a post: I was fast asleep in the middle of winter - snowing ouside - when a 3 year old iceberg woke me up by getting into bed with me at 2 in the morning. She was freezing, and I commented on how cold she was and that it had woken me up. To which she replied, "Don't worry, we'll both be warm in a minute..."
Old 11-05-2010, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Warm Hugs
Our granddaughter calls our RV motorhouse a "house car" we asked her why and she replied "well it is house on wheels dont be so silly Grammie" Lilly is only 3 but very smart!! The whole family now calls the RV a house car!!
OMGOSH ..... what beautiful eyes.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 PM

When my daughter was about 4 she got into my sanitary napkins and wanted to know what they were. I had been reading a book on talking to your child and explaining their questions at their age level. Well being the smart mother I though I was I began by telling her that they were for mommy’s when they bleed. She then proceeded to ask me why do mommy’s bleed…. I then told her (which I thought was a very good answer to her question for her age)…. If Heavenly Father ever wants to plant a baby seed in mommy then he has to clean mommy out….. Ok I thought that was a good answer… My daughter got this deep thinking look on her face and then said to me ….Oooooooooh ya I got it … If Heavenly Father cleans you out every so often…. then he won’t have so far to dig when He plants the seed…. Go figure she’s a farmers daughter…We live on a farm
Old 11-05-2010, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
When my daughter (now 19) was around 3 we were walking her brother to school on our usual route. When we got to the cross walk she stopped us & told us we had to be very careful because Jesus died on the crosswalk!! That is still a family classic!
Oh my gosh--that is too funny! Is it alright if I use it in the church newsletter?
Old 11-06-2010, 01:39 AM

I don't have kids/grandkids, but I do have a few funny stories about my nephew. :)

#1 - He was around 4 years old, and everyone was sitting around in my living room talking. To keep him entertained while we talked, we were tossing a small ball back and forth. Every once in awhile, an adult would play a trick on him and hide the ball for a few minutes. Well, someone hid it, and my nephew was 100% convinced that I had it. I'm well-endowed up top, and had a T-shirt on that had a pocket. My nephew walked over to me, and started thoroughly (and I do mean thoroughly!) feeling of my chest, thinking the ball might be in my pocket. :shock: :lol: I tried to keep a straight face (didn't want to make a big deal of it) and distract him, but a few seconds later, I and everyone else in the room was howling with laughter. My poor nephew had no idea what was so funny, and of course, there was no way to explain it to him. Gee ... I got "felt up" by a 4-year-old! :lol:

#2 - When he was still in diapers, my nephew had a "talent" for passing gas whenever my sister would change him. She'd make a joke of it, asking him if he tooted, and then she'd say "I smell it!" Eventually, he'd tell her "I toot, 'mell it!" It was supposed to be just a funny little thing between the two of them, but you know how THAT goes! ;) They were in line at the grocery store, and my nephew loudly announced to the cashier: "I toot! 'Mell it!" The cashier was very surprised, but wasn't 100% sure she'd heard him correctly. So she asked my sister, "What did he say?" My sister ... royally embarrased ... flustered, "Oh, it must be something he heard on TV" ... and FLEW out of the store as fast as she could go! :lol:

#3 - When he was 5ish, my nephew spent a few weeks in a daycare over the summer (my sister works there). There were a couple of kids whose parents didn't watch their language. My nephew picked up on a word or two, so my sister had a talk with him to let him know that some words weren't nice to say. She told him to ask her first if there was a word he wasn't sure about. That way, they could discuss it. Sure enough, one day my nephew learned a new word. He hesitantly told my sister about it, but he didn't want to say the actual word because he thought he might get in trouble. So he described the word to her. "It starts with an F and I think it has 4 letters." :shock: My sister braced herself, and told him to go ahead and say it, just this one time, so she could see if it was the word that immediately comes to mind. :hunf: She was quite relieved when my nephew hesitantly whispered ... "fart"! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-06-2010, 04:14 AM

Okay here goes. My guy took his grandson into the bank with him one day. everyone knows my guy so the teller said hi rodney. Dill who is 4 years old looked up at her and said his names not rodney its papa. that kid comes up with some good ones.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:37 AM

My father retired and he and my mom moved within a mile of where I lived. There was lots of conversation about retirement; how did he like it etc. My daughter, then 3 years old said to me one day on our way to see them at their house "Mom, when is Gran going to be not tired and go back to work?" My Dad loved her question and I laughed almost the whole mile to their house.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Originally Posted by bluekrissyspikes
what a cutie!! i'm still in my 20's so no grandkids but the other day i was cleaning the cat box(i know gross, eh?) and my little guy came over laughing and said,"what are you doing momma? digging for treasures?" and then cracked up. that was pretty funny and clever for his age.
In our family when someone was sent outside for a "Treasure Hunt" it meant they were to pick up the dog poop!
In our family, we would tell visitors to watch out for land mines (aka dog poop). Of course we did pick up, but occasionally missed one.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:15 AM

LOve the stories... a good start to a saturday morning !!!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

When my granddaughter was about 4 she was sitting on my lap playing with the loose skin on my neck and she said "Grandma, why is your neck so crumpled?" I just had to laugh.