Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you met someone with an odd, famous, or funny name? >

Have you met someone with an odd, famous, or funny name?

Have you met someone with an odd, famous, or funny name?

Old 11-13-2010, 05:22 PM

I actually met Marty Robbins many years ago. I was working in a Woolco store and he was preforming in town nearby.
He came in at closing time to buy a shirt because of some wardrobe problem. I was stunned as I checked him out!! He invited us to his show, but I had a dh and kids waiting at home. :mrgreen: Sure wished I could have gone!!
Old 11-13-2010, 05:40 PM

I went to school with April Showers

Brooke Lynn

I am Sharon Champagne
Old 11-14-2010, 02:23 PM

A girl that went to my daughter's school, named her daughter Kissamyassca. I can't imagine what people are thinking when they give their kids these horrible names.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:24 PM

A mother brought her 2 boys into ER. Their names were Lemonjello and Orangejello. She said it is pronounced lamon ja lo and or ong ja lo. Poor kids. Imagine the kidding they are taking.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
A mother brought her 2 boys into ER. Their names were Lemonjello and Orangejello. She said it is pronounced lamon ja lo and or ong ja lo. Poor kids. Imagine the kidding they are taking.
I wasn't going to tell about this one but after these I think I can. The little girl's name was pronounced /sha tee ud/ and spelled......
S-h-i-t-h-e-a-d. Can you believe it?
Old 11-14-2010, 03:02 PM

Quiltforme I had a nurses assitant in ER with the same name as your cold call.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:10 PM

what are parents thinking? Are they drunk when they name these kids? Thank heavens when they turn 18 they can legally change their names, although by then they've probably been teased terribly at school. JMHO but I think it should be against the law to give a child a naughty, mean or extremely silly name. They should stop it at the birth certificate level. I feel sorry for them.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:30 PM

I went to school with a girl named Penny Nail. Teacher asked birthdates in homeroom and in her turn she said June 10. Snickering took over, one boy spoke and asked, "Are you Ten Penny Nail?" She blushed and said yes and she said my brother's name is Rusty. Her dad named them. It really is cute, I think. I have to agree, some folks must spike the kool-ade on some of them. My middle name is Frances, born the year Frances the Mule came out, ... movie with Donald O'Connor....before most of your times, but both nurses in operating room were named Frances, snicker! Mother could not create one with all the dope in her so she said she'd choose the nurse's name. Later found out there were two of the same name but she didn't use but one. Love both of them.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:25 PM

I'm a teacher and I've come across some really odd names. I've had a girl named Hunter, a boy named Patricia (really.), an Anna Banana.

My dad went to a one room school house with a girl by the name of April Showers, and Dem (his real first name) Lipshitz.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:36 PM

i work with a doctor whose last name is comfort. another doc in practice at the hospital has the last name gioe (pronounced "'joy") . i think they should be in practice together as "comfort and goie". there is another doc whose last name is "panek", and i think he should partner with my old friend sandy fear, so they could be "fear and panek". i had a patient whose last name was "raspberry", and we had family friends whose names were mercedes and aloysius mertesdorf. mercifully enough, their nicknames were al and merce...