Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Taste of Home subscription-double issue=double price >

Taste of Home subscription-double issue=double price

Taste of Home subscription-double issue=double price

Old 12-05-2010, 09:04 AM

Did everyone who subscribes to Taste of Home and Simple and Delicious notice that the lastest issues are being treated as double issues and one issue will be subtracted from our subcription? A note was included with the magazine, usually the stuff I toss right off the bat, telling that they adjusted our subscription and thanking us for being loyal customers. Ha! Object to this! Send e-mail to [email protected] and you will be credited for one issue. If we are so loyal, the double issue should have been a gift!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for sharing that they are willing to credit you for this issue :D:D:D
Old 12-05-2010, 09:32 AM

You are right I'm also getting the adjustment made on my subscription but I wonder how many didn't notice this?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

TOH use to be my favorite magazine. It was printed on quality paper,lots of interesting food stories, and no ads ever. Now it's like all the other cheap mags. I would have gladly paid more for a subscription to keep the quality of it as it was. TOH was sold to the publisher of Reader's Digest so that's why the magazine has gone down hill.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:49 AM

I'm not renewing....just DH and I and I don't have alot of the ingredients on hand and some of them don't know what they are anyway LOL
Old 12-05-2010, 11:19 AM

Taste of Home came to my town some years ago for two times that I can remember, went to the presentations and they were marvelous. Lots and lots of people attended, and even I won a small TV in a drawing. The walls of the fairground building were lined with local companies giving samples and having drawings...The recipe books were lovely and had sensible recipes. Now, it isn't very good and if they sold it to a huge company that's the problem right there. Sad what's happening to my favorite magazines, I've stopped them all and can't say I miss them much.

Yesterday I rec a magazine in the mail called Marie Clair, which I did not order. I suspect it was a mis-click on some of the sweepstakes sites I go to.

I'll send it back and try to cancel it. And be way more careful about sweeps, though I've won a lot from them over the years, but almost all of them from snail mail and second chance sweeps. Nice wins too, started with a computer in 1985, a Mac 512, which I still have and it still works.