Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2011 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

Old 11-11-2011, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts View Post
My Dear Jane is one that I would love to get done. I've also started a Farmer's Wife quilt that I need to finish too. Plus so so many others, some only need a border to have the tops completed, so those will go quicker than DJ or FW.

One a month, One a month, One a month..I can do it!
You know there is a Dear Jane Thread on QB that is starting in January. You should join so you can get that Dear Jane Finished. I could not hurt to keep you directed. I am almost finished with a WIP, just have to get it quilted and binded and will post it probably Monday. I am geting my longarm this weekend so won't be doing much piecing, just quilting.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:16 AM

I'd like to join up. I have so many UFO's. I teach a beginner's class 2 x a year and now an intermediate class as well. I make 4 samples a year and many times don't finish them up. Add these to my other projects that get abandoned and the UFO's are growing. Mine don't fly out to Rosewell either. This will inspire me to get going!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:42 AM

Are you going to continue this for 2012? I could use the inspiration to get some tops sandwiched and bound. I also have a bunch of kits that will probably become UFO's soon. LOL
Old 11-11-2011, 10:06 AM

I think, on this one, it just depends on if people keep posting here , it will keep going. Since it's not a "swap" it's more of a "support" or "kick in the hiney" page so it's never ending, lol someone will always need this page. Kudos to LucyInTheSky,for starting this much needed thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by BarbEllen View Post
Are you going to continue this for 2012? I could use the inspiration to get some tops sandwiched and bound. I also have a bunch of kits that will probably become UFO's soon. LOL
Old 11-11-2011, 11:18 AM

I joined this group to keep me on track. I certainly hope we will all stay in touch here and keep each other moving forward. I need this to help stay disciplined. I need someone to tell I finished it. I met a goal.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:44 PM

I need to join this quilting challenge also. In September I decided that I would not buy any quilting patterns or fabric until I finished everything I had started. In October I decided if I finished 1 UFO I could buy a pattern and when I finished 2 I could get the fabric. The first of November I decided I would buy the fabric and pattern and then I would finish something. I need HELP....
Old 11-11-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by gramquilter2 View Post
I need to join this quilting challenge also. In September I decided that I would not buy any quilting patterns or fabric until I finished everything I had started. In October I decided if I finished 1 UFO I could buy a pattern and when I finished 2 I could get the fabric. The first of November I decided I would buy the fabric and pattern and then I would finish something. I need HELP....
LOL!!! I did practically the same thing. I made a deal with myself to finish multiple things before buying anything. I was so excited that I finished something in August, that I started something else (at least it was from my stash)...and now it sits too! Clearly, I can't help but I can relate.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:52 PM

well I have finished 12 blocks I needed to send just to find out the PO was closed today, I have a funeral tomorrow so I guess I will mail it monday and hope it gets there in time. I have 24 angel ornaments ready to add the halo and the wings, I have 20 owl ornaments ready to stuff and sew up, I have 15 ornaments stuffed and ready to close up. I hope to close up the sewing ones tomorrow. then I have 10 wall hangings to do and 60 placemats to finish, 2 baby blankets, 1 A&M and 1 UT lap blankets to finish o and I have 12 banners to make with the different names of Jesus, for my sisters Christmas program at her church. and 5 blocks to finish for another swap. I think then I'll be caught up? as you can see I will be around here for A WHILE lol
Old 11-11-2011, 09:28 PM

You can count me in. I am the world's worst when it comes to going into my LQS, I've got several that need finishing up. I simply can't buy anymore before finishing what I have to do. :> But I sure do like to go in and look!
Stephanie
Old 11-11-2011, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by craftyone27 View Post
One question, while I decide if I am in for this one. Does it count as a UFO if you simply bought fabrics for a project but never actually started it? If not - I don't think I have enough UFO's to get through the year. I may play anyway - but am still curious if these projects count.

You don't think you have 12 UFO's ???? I too am impressed!!! And I think this deserves some kind of award, don't the rest of you???? BUT I want to go on record saying that I would be more than willing to 'share' my UFO's with you if you just needed something to do!!!