Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2011 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

Old 11-13-2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts View Post
Grand Total 133! Dare I wonder if I missed any?
Wow! I feel so much less guilty with my 17...but I only counted cut and in progress. I don't think it's fair to hold kits, patterns, books and fabric collections against ourselves. I call that stuff R&D (research and development). That would certainly bring me to at least 50!

Let's band together, be strong, have fun and support one another to finish some stuff...so we can expand our R&D budgets, collect more and move the economy along!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:23 AM

Yep I'm only counting projects in progress started earlier than 4 weeks ago (4 weeks is still current, not officially a UFO) lol
Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
Wow! I feel so much less guilty with my 17...but I only counted cut and in progress. I don't think it's fair to hold kits, patterns, books and fabric collections against ourselves. I call that stuff R&D (research and development). That would certainly bring me to at least 50!

Let's band together, be strong, have fun and support one another to finish some stuff...so we can expand our R&D budgets, collect more and move the economy along!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:11 AM

I included everything because I wanted a true picture of all that I have to complete so that I can remember that before buying something new. I just didn't realize how much reality was going to hurt... I should also mention that after I posted the list I found another big tote with unfinished projects so I have 5 UFO's to add to my list
Old 11-13-2011, 01:51 PM

you poor thing, just remember you probably have it in your stash, no matter what it is and shop your stash first, you can do it lol
Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts View Post
I included everything because I wanted a true picture of all that I have to complete so that I can remember that before buying something new. I just didn't realize how much reality was going to hurt... I should also mention that after I posted the list I found another big tote with unfinished projects so I have 5 UFO's to add to my list
Old 11-13-2011, 02:42 PM

That is my devious plan, and with all the money I'll be saving I can?????????
Originally Posted by Short an Sweet View Post
no matter what it is and shop your stash first, you can do it lol
Old 11-13-2011, 06:00 PM

OK, tomorrow I'm going to look in my stash box and decide on one UFO to finish! I'll post it here and then I'll have a little motivation to work on it! Thanks for your encouragement!
Short an Sweet, your little owls are adorable!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:34 AM

Well NorBanQuilts, you and I are in the same boat. Bet you could finish those binding projects before end of year. We always need to take a break. The way you listed them seems to be the best direction to go to get them done. You and I have close to the same amount to do. Lets further challenge ourselves to see who can get done faster. LOL
Old 11-15-2011, 04:01 AM

I didn't get in on 2011, so are you gonna start one for 2012? I have lots to finish and maybe this will give me incentive
Old 11-15-2011, 04:13 AM

[qoute]I think, on this one, it just depends on if people keep posting here , it will keep going. Since it's not a "swap" it's more of a "support" or "kick in the hiney" page so it's never ending, lol someone will always need this page. Kudos to LucyInTheSky,for starting this much needed thread!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
Originally Posted by duckydo View Post
I didn't get in on 2011, so are you gonna start one for 2012? I have lots to finish and maybe this will give me incentive
Old 11-15-2011, 05:59 AM

I think I know why you bought the kit. It is delightfil to look at. I'm so glad you finished it. Be sure to show it off. It's sure to make kitty lovers smile.