Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - The Photos >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - The Photos

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - The Photos

Old 05-03-2007, 07:54 AM

Good afternoon everyone from cool Nova Scotia, Canada,

Here is my arrowhead block. I think it turned out OK :roll: I also added my Blazing Arrows. Next I am going to try the tulip applique one.

Cheers for now, Ann
Old 05-03-2007, 08:11 AM

they look amazing realy great job
Old 05-03-2007, 08:41 AM

Those are GORGEOUS!!! Great points!!! (Look out Tim... I think her arrows are sharper than yours!!!) :lol:
Old 05-04-2007, 05:11 AM

Thank you all. I am fairly new to this,but do try hard. Now off to work on my tulip. If I finish it today I will post it.

Cheers from cloudy Nova Scotia, Ann :lol:
Old 05-04-2007, 05:38 AM

Carla what did you use to photo it with? When I get enough squares done I plan to buy a disposable camera to take the photo's with, I can have a roll of film processed and put on a computer disc for $6.00 at COSCO. I do not have a digital camera yet and want get a nice one when I do. My husband bought me a video camera which I really do not like because the thing is 4x's the size of the one I was planning to buy myself. But Hubby, bless his heart, knew I wanted one and had bought it already, as a Christmas gift. I was so adamant that I was going to buy one that he had to tell me he had gotten it. Of course I couldn't say no!, I don't like that one. But at least it does digital I just need the proper cable to hook it to the computer or so they claim :?: If I ever get around to it maybe it will be useful for using with the computer.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by susan s.
Carla what did you use to photo it with? When I get enough squares done I plan to buy a disposable camera to take the photo's with, I can have a roll of film processed and put on a computer disc for $6.00 at COSCO. I do not have a digital camera yet and want get a nice one when I do. My husband bought me a video camera which I really do not like because the thing is 4x's the size of the one I was planning to buy myself. But Hubby, bless his heart, knew I wanted one and had bought it already, as a Christmas gift. I was so adamant that I was going to buy one that he had to tell me he had gotten it. Of course I couldn't say no!, I don't like that one. But at least it does digital I just need the proper cable to hook it to the computer or so they claim :?: If I ever get around to it maybe it will be useful for using with the computer.
I have a Kodak Digital, so the camera isn't the problem... It's ALL me. :lol: I get in a big hurry and throw all of my photography training out the window. No big deal though. I'll get my #1 daughter to start taking them for me in the future so she can get in the practice.

Anyway, be careful about having them put your pictures on a disc. They (any of the retail processors) tend to scan the photos quickly which produces a lower resolution image on your disc. If the photos are just for posting here, low-res will be fine (~ 75kb). If you want to print the pictures later for framing, you may want them to create higher res files for you (although, they will probably charge you more). Ask them what resolution the images will be. On the other hand, if the digital video camera you have has a memory card in it, you could take pictures with it, then take the memory card and ask them to transfer the images directly from it onto a cd. (a cd will generally hold 700 mb of information, so if your images are shot in hi-res mode, you may need to transfer them to a dvd which will hold 4.7 gb or more of info) One last thing. Your camera probably takes either a firewire, usb, or usb2 cable. After you find out which, make sure you have a the proper plug on your computer as well. If you do not, I'm sure someone here more IT savvy than me can make recommendations on how you can overcome this issue.

Hope you find some of this useful. (or I at least TOTALLY confused you & not just a little :lol: )
Old 05-04-2007, 09:52 AM

just a little confused. No memorycard, whats a firewire? sounds dangerous. The print samples they had were lovely I'll be sure and ask if they will give the same resolution as those on display. The plug on the camera is one of those that is round with a popout at the bottom reminds of the shape of a skull? would they other end need to be shaped the same. I have some ports on the back of my computer which are that shap. Also a number of USB (rectangle) ports front and back.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:07 AM

Sounds like usb is what your camera takes. Just take your camera with you to make sure you are getting the correct size/connector end. With that cable (which you can generally buy for about the same price you would spend on a disposable camera & film development) you should be able to transfer pictures through a direct connection to your computer and eliminate the retailers all together. Firewire is a highspeed data transfer cable, and USB2 is a little bit faster than Firewire.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Carla P
Sounds like usb is what your camera takes. Just take your camera with you to make sure you are getting the correct size/connector end. With that cable (which you can generally buy for about the same price you would spend on a disposable camera & film development) you should be able to transfer pictures through a direct connection to your computer and eliminate the retailers all together. Firewire is a highspeed data transfer cable, and USB2 is a little bit faster than Firewire.

Ah no. But a good guess.

just a little confused. No memorycard, whats a firewire? sounds dangerous. The print samples they had were lovely I'll be sure and ask if they will give the same resolution as those on display. The plug on the camera is one of those that is round with a popout at the bottom reminds of the shape of a skull? would they other end need to be shaped the same. I have some ports on the back of my computer which are that shap. Also a number of USB (rectangle) ports front and back.
This is a video camera. What susan s has sounds like a din connector for attaching s video to s video. It would connect to a good quality video card on the computer or to a DVD player. No, the 's' doesn't stand for susan. *L*

Without the camera instruction book or knowing what susan s has on her compooter, it's hard to say how she would use this camera to transfer still images to disk. Even engineers read the book occasionally (usually after everything else fails).

tim in san jose

Old 05-04-2007, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by k_jupiter
Originally Posted by Carla P

Ah no. But a good guess.

This is a video camera. What susan s has sounds like a din connector for attaching s video to s video. It would connect to a good quality video card on the computer or to a DVD player. No, the 's' doesn't stand for susan. *L*

Without the camera instruction book or knowing what susan s has on her compooter, it's hard to say how she would use this camera to transfer still images to disk. Even engineers read the book occasionally (usually after everything else fails).

tim in san jose
See Susan... told ya someone smarter than me could help ya!!