Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Original Sewing & Quilt Expo , Cleveland, OH >

Original Sewing & Quilt Expo , Cleveland, OH

Original Sewing & Quilt Expo , Cleveland, OH

Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 AM

Can anyone tell me about this Expo. It's March 24,25,26. There is a group near me that is getting a bus trip together. Trying to decide if I want to spend the money on going.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:28 PM

I went for the first time last year and had a great time. It's difficult to view the completed quilts because they're mostly in the vendors booths. (I expected a separate section for more of a "quilt show"). wow! The vendors!! Tons of them with a variety of fabrics, notions, patterns, etc. Advice: comfy clothes, comfy shoes, and money! I think we're going again this year; the final bus plans haven't been announced. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 PM

I think you will be pleased with the display of quilts (other than the vendors) you will see this year. I know my friend's quilt "Amber Garden" from the GA Quilt Show was re requested and will travel for all the Expo's spring events. Be sure to take the time to view the 100th anniversary of the Navy quilts. There is also a nice display of quilts using the rustex product. If you go on the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo's Facebook page you will get a nice overview of what you will see at the Expo, or gasp...what you might miss if you don't attend! We had a ball. My guild had a booth at the Atlanta show this past weekend to sell our raffle quilt and we are photo #52 I think. Go and have fun!