Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Cats (or other pets) on Quilts! >

Cats (or other pets) on Quilts!

Cats (or other pets) on Quilts!

Old 07-26-2008, 06:03 PM

Okay allow me to say I just love when my cats climb on, in, or through the quilts I have made. Perhaps they are just rubbing their cat smell on the new things, but I'd like to think it's the sleep of approval.

And now that I've shown you mine show me yours! Who else has the sleep of approval? Sandpat?

And Sunny helping me cut fabric, or perhaps reminding me to go to bed now.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12996[/ATTACH]

This is Tiny our Alpha sleeping on Jessica's baby clothes quilt before it's even done!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12999[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-12996.jpe   attachment-12999.jpe  
Old 07-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

And to think...I just shut the door on 2 of my cats to keep them off the baby quilt I just took out of the dryer. I'm giving it to the baby tomorrow and you just never know about other people and cat hair. Although, I won't tell them how much cat hair I had to wash off of it!!!

BTW...I'm still loving those freezer pickles..I think I'm addicted! :roll:
Old 07-26-2008, 06:18 PM

That is so cute. I too am a cat lover, I've got quite a few of fluffy on my work scattered all over this website... somewhere :lol: But y'know a quilt isn't finished until it's been tested by the quality control officer :wink:
Old 07-26-2008, 06:28 PM

Oh Sandpat I did exactly the same thing with the baby quilt I sent off with my sister a week or was it two now ago, I took it straight from the dryer and wrapped it up away from cats. Granted I didn't lock them out of the room, but I did box up the quilt, I would have wrapped it too, but I thought it would be good for my sister to see the quilt before she gave it away! :D

Everytime I baste out a big quilt I think about how people with cat allergies shouldn't have one of my quilts, it would be impossible to keep the fur off of it! And I clean before I baste!

Glad you like the pickles, I had to buy cukes at the store last week just so I could have some. Not quite the same with the peals off!

Shelly Quality control that's great!
Old 07-26-2008, 06:37 PM

This is Binks. She loves to hang out and snooze on our bed.
This is a quilt I made from blocks that were from a block swap with another group on the internet.

I woke her up. LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13607[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-13607.jpe  
Old 07-26-2008, 06:40 PM

barbsbus, Binks is beautiful and so is her quilt! Those eyes wow! If Tiny is thinking "take the picture so I can get back to sleep," Binks is thinking "yes, can I help you?" Like we entered her private office! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: Precious!
Old 07-26-2008, 07:05 PM

Unfortunately I keep my dogs off the quilts. My first time sandwiching (the train quilt that is still on the frame) as I am taping it to the floor, I turn around to find my big hairy husky/shepard mix laying on the backing. I shooed him off real quick. His hair gets everywhere. So I do not allow either of them on the fabric or quilts.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:08 PM

I suppose I'm lucky inspite of Sunny being a long haired boy he has more than enough Maine Coon in him that he doesn't shed much at all (except Spring and Fall when the summer/winter coats are coming or going).

All it takes is to unfurl one of my quilts just a little bit and Tiny has to go play underneath, and I tell you what it isn't easy trying to unfold a quilt while letting the cat play in it!
Old 07-26-2008, 07:56 PM

My Binks has to get up on our bed everytime I go to make it and ride on the sheets and quilts as I adjust them. I also fold the clothes on the bed and she has to kneed each article of clothing that I let her help me with. I keep the dish towels and that sort of thing on a table. I am very lucky with her as she has never tried to get up on the counters or table tops. Just on our bed and the couch and one chair in the living room and one window sill.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:50 PM

My cat has his own quilt that I like to sprinkle cat nip on, he loves rubbing his face all over it. The neighbor's cat like to come and visit and he always runs right towards the quilt once he's inside....although my cat does not really like to share : P

Photos to come...