Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Didn't we have a get your fabric fix here thread?  Blue Quilt Top completed >

Didn't we have a get your fabric fix here thread? Blue Quilt Top completed

Didn't we have a get your fabric fix here thread? Blue Quilt Top completed

Old 07-26-2008, 06:35 PM

Well if we did I can't find it sorry.

These are my hard earned hard shopped for fabrics. They all arrived this week and are washed and ready to quilt. (that red I soaked twice, washed three times and did who knows how many rinses!)

Each photo is the makeup for one quilt. I will have one diamond cross style planned to be full/queen and one big giant red star planned to be queen/king.

This photo (take by dh does not do this fabric justice. I have Moda Candyland, Wintergraphix, Kings Road Belle, Victoriana, and some no names that were just beautiful! The white fabric is white on white with mini roses all over it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13637[/ATTACH]

These are for my own personal adaptation of a fat quarter quilt pattern. The hearts (tan on white) will run in strips between my fat quaters.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14021[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-13637.jpe   attachment-14021.jpe  
Old 07-26-2008, 07:04 PM

Great fabrics!! I"m lovin the blues, especially the dolphins!!
Old 07-26-2008, 07:10 PM

My too! That was a Walmart find, it's so pretty I bought all they had on the roll (about 1/3 of a yard more than I was planning so no great shakes). I'm really hoping when I'm done with the quilt there will be enough leftover to make a curtain for my "fish" bathroom! It's nice and not at all thin too!
Old 07-26-2008, 07:13 PM

Hmmm, how come I've never seen that one at WalMart? LOL I think I shall protest :lol: :lol: :lol: It would make an awesome curtain! Good idea!!
Old 07-26-2008, 07:19 PM

And I can't remember where in the bolts I found it! Once in a Walmart blue moon I guess.

One of the blues and one of the reds are the same print, first I picked it up in blue (I had the person getting the red quilt with me at the time) and she said "that's not blue!" I stuck my toungue out at her and said I know but it matches the blue, maybe I can do something else with it. Seriously what else could I say, it was pretty and I liked the Red better than I'd liked the blue...

The blue is next to the dolphins and the red is the upper left.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:28 PM

I think you picked out lovely patterns and colors. I know they will look super in any quilt you make.
Maybe it is good that our Walmart does not sell fabric, because if they did I would be there buying reds and blues. :wink:
Have fun with the fabric and the quilt making.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:08 AM

very pretty.. I love all of them :)
Old 07-27-2008, 05:32 AM

Ohh, I can't let DH see this thread - those blues are fabulous! He'll want to rush right out and buy more :D

Great choices!!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Banned

Very pretty fabrics. I love the dolphins.... Oh girl, now I want a dolphin quilt. LOL your a bad influence..... (hug)
Old 07-27-2008, 03:53 PM

For the Star I'll be using the wintergraphix pattern. http://www.inthebeginningfabrics.com...tergraphix.pdf And as you can see I wont be using all those multicolored fabrics. These are strickly two color quilts. The only In the Beginning fabric I bought is the Red on White Eyelash there in the center, and I moved that from where it was, to take the place of the black diamond you see in the star. I think it has 16 points.

Now you all have me worried I have the dolphins off to the left edge of the quilt, should I move it to be the center block?

Only the one red came from Walmart all the rest I ordered online, but I did have amazing luck and picked up all the blues at Joann's and Walmart. Which now that I think about it, that means I didn't pay over $4.44 a yard for the blues! :D