Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: All SquaresTube Quilting

Quote Originally Posted by CindyinNY
    Thanks for the tute!

It look easy enough but I'm with tange krause, I'm not understanding the "top to bottom" part. I would think to make a "tube" you'd have to stitch the right and left side together. The picture looks like you did(?). Sorry, if I appear dumb, I am fairly new to quilting.

I'm just a newbie to the board as well as to quilting, but have watched a few videos and I dont think it matters if you call it top/bottom or left/right.

I think the important point is sewing the 1st strip you started with to the last strip you ended with in the same manner as you did with adding each single strip.

Example: if your strips are 2 1/2" wide by 40" long, your sewing them together on the 40" length side. You still close the tube by sewing the 1st strip to the last strip (right sides together) on the 40" length side.

If i'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyB1967
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyinNY
    Thanks for the tute!

It look easy enough but I'm with tange krause, I'm not understanding the "top to bottom" part. I would think to make a "tube" you'd have to stitch the right and left side together. The picture looks like you did(?). Sorry, if I appear dumb, I am fairly new to quilting.

I'm just a newbie to the board as well as to quilting, but have watched a few videos and I dont think it matters if you call it top/bottom or left/right.

I think the important point is sewing the 1st strip you started with to the last strip you ended with in the same manner as you did with adding each single strip.

Example: if your strips are 2 1/2" wide by 40" long, your sewing them together on the 40" length side. You still close the tube by sewing the 1st strip to the last strip (right sides together) on the 40" length side.

If i'm wrong, someone please correct me.
    You are right on. Good explanation.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tute. I have 2 baby quilts hanging over my head and now I have an easy pattern. YEAH!!!!! This will make them go much faster. It will also work for my charity quilt for a raffle. Thanks again.

This is how Elenor Burns shows how to do her version of Trip Around the World Quilt Design.
    Yes it is easy and great fun thanks for sharing!!!! :thumbup:

What a great idea and it looks fun and easy. Just the thing I have been looking for to make a quick quilt top for grandaughters B-Day. Thanks! ^_^

Blog Entries
    Great idea for a quick and lovely quilt!!

This great. Thank you so much for sharing.

Blog Entries
    I definately love your tute for Tube Quilting. I bookmarked it right away so I wouldn't lose it. Thank you for sharing with all of us.
    :D :D :D :D

thank you so much for tht tute.

Thank you for the great tute. This now makes sense to me and easy as pie. I have some material that this will be great with. OH NO another PROJECT!!

I might just have to try this one. It looks so good! Thanks for the tute.

I am confused. Does the top to the bottom mean long sides together or short sides together?

Blog Entries
    Hi! Threadbare, you would sew the long sides but cut the short sides to make the long strips. Chris

Thank you so much.I think even I can do this :-D

Threadbare, Thank you for asking. I and another person were confused by this at first. I was made to feel dumb by asking.I too didn't understand the "top & bottom" thing, at first.Good luck with yours.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by threadbare
    I am confused. Does the top to the bottom mean long sides together or short sides together?
    Yes, you sew the long sides together - the long side of the first strip to the long side of the last strip. This makes a tube of all the strips, 42-44 inches long, depending on the width of the fabric. Lay your tube flat and square off one end of your tube just as you do your fabric before you start cutting. Your next cuts will be off the 'short' end. Hope this helps. I don't know if I do it right, but when I sew the strips together, I always start from the same end so that one end is fairly straight.

Blog Entries
    OMG, This makes so much sense....now. Several years ago I started a jacket using this technique. However, my husband became ill before I could finish the class. The jacket (in pieces) is still in the box waiting for me. Now I can finish this beautiful thing I started so long ago. Your tute makes it so simple. Thank you so much for sharing this! Can you tell I am SOOOOOOOO excited. We are expecting major ice storm...I will be sewing Monday and maybe Tuesday. If power fails, have my Dolly (my children bought me a hand turned Singer - 1925 edition) for Christmas. Where there is a will there is a way-right quilters?

I love how this quilt is pieced together. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

I don't know it this will help (or make it more confusing) but thought I would make a picture of the steps.

Also attached a download for full sized picture.

Hope this helps
    Name:  Attachment-158155.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  67.2 KB

Blog Entries
    love it thank you

I just wanted to add that I can not take any credit. I have never done tube quilting myself and the picture I did was all based on the info given in this tutorial. This was a great tutorial and I appreciate the time everyone puts into creating their tutorials for other's to enjoy.

Awesome idea. I'll try this.

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    This is a variation of a quilt I saw in Summer 2010 Quick Quilts magazine. The concept can be adapted to any size your creative
    brain chooses. I am starting with 4" strips, about 42 " long, prewashed, starched, pressed.
    Thanks for sharing....and I LOVE your fabrics....

Blog Entries
    Dotty, this is beautiful i have a question when you sew the next strip set do you line up the fabrics the same way before you sew the tube. what a cool idea.

Love it!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast