Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: any patterns for haloween & christmas, and other holidays?

Blog Entries

any patterns for haloween & christmas, and other holidays?

ok everyone, I am just trying to get myself together, so I do need some help in finding holiday patterns for what I will be making . would really appreciate the help. I have got to get my stuff together, and thanks for any help!
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

What type of projects are you making? Quilts, runners, bags, etc? What size fabrics do you have to use for them?

Start with what you are going to make first as the choices are endless. Many of the fabric shops and blogs have free tutorials and patterns.

I like small seasonal wall hangings. Quick and easy to make. Plus they don't take up much storage room.

If making gifts, I use fabrics according to the person's interest. That is always the fun part of sewing.

Blog Entries
    I do plan to start small and with it being holiday time, mug rugs, table toppers, table runners, I guess the size of charm packs, and anything else. 2" to maybe 6". and yes gifts for others. thank you, Rhonda, for your response
    we don't meet people by accident.Everyone is meant to cross our path for a reason.

Blog Entries
    I too plan on making table runners for Christmas this year. Jordan Fabrics has lots of free patterns and tutorials.

How about some seasonal door wall quilts? Someone posted here several months ago about making some for a relative of hers who lives in an assisted living facility & she puts them on the door to her room....it cheers her up & also the other residents in the facility.

I think this is really cute from Annie's Craft Store. You could make up your own patterns for different seasons. I like how the three are attached....unique...not just one wall hanging, but 3 in 1.
    https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail...CABEgJPOvD_BwE

This might get you started. Lots of free patterns and projects:
    http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/search/site/holiday

Blog Entries
    Go to Fatquartershoppatterns.com they have a lot of free down loads .

Blog Entries
    ooooooooooo, yummy if I can do it that way, going to have fun today!! thank you ladies!!

Have you heard of Missouri Star Quilt Company? There are tons of video tutorials available, fabric and notions galore. Fun to read how this family built a quilting empire in the small town of Hamilton, Missouri. Here are some holiday videos from their site.
    http://land.missouriquiltco.com/holi...ing-tutorials/
    Dianne

Quote Originally Posted by mlt150 View Post
    Have you heard of Missouri Star Quilt Company? There are tons of video tutorials available, fabric and notions galore. Fun to read how this family built a quilting empire in the small town of Hamilton, Missouri. Here are some holiday videos from their site.
    http://land.missouriquiltco.com/holi...ing-tutorials/
    Love Jenny's tutorials !! Thanks for sharing !

Since we are on this subject maybe someone can help me too. We give money but I always make a holder to put it in.Each one is personal. after all these years I am running out of ideas and the hands are not so good! I have made cards, mittens ,stockings, wallets ,just card holders out of fabric .I have wore out the internet looking. Any ideas???

Blog Entries
    yes love Jennys tutoring too. I learned a lot from her

I make little mini stockings to put cash or gift cards in. But I am looking for new ideas for actual gifts that aren't quilts. I would never have time to make as many quilts as I would love to gift!
    I hope this link works: https://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2010...ial-today.html

Quote Originally Posted by deeleigh View Post
    Since we are on this subject maybe someone can help me too. We give money but I always make a holder to put it in.Each one is personal. after all these years I am running out of ideas and the hands are not so good! I have made cards, mittens ,stockings, wallets ,just card holders out of fabric .I have wore out the internet looking. Any ideas???
    I am making zippered pouches with fusible vinyl and empty candy and other plastic bags (nuts, popcorn, chips, etc.) Easy and so cute! Jenny Doan at Missouri Star has a tutorial for them on YouTube. Check it out.

Blog Entries
    how about "prayer cloths" with an opening ? if you will check pinterest for those ideas too