Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow Tuck Tote Pictorial Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by knlsmith
    I love your fabric and it looks great!! Congrats! You officially have the bug! LOL
    You got that right! I'm making another one for christmas and will start on the mini bow tuck! They are easy to do and so many variations! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizgoodie
    I love it. This is the best one yet.
    Thank you Mizgoodie!

Quote Originally Posted by ania755
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever
    I DID IT! AND WITHOUT THIS TUTORIAL I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD A CLUE TO PUT IT TOGETHER! Its a belated birthday gift for a friend and she loves it! Thank you so much for this tute. It is easy and very fast! Now I"m going to make another one for my other friend and some mini bow tuck ones!
    Congratulation... :thumbup: Looking great
    Thank you Ania755!

Blog Entries
    thanks for the tutorial, I just purchased the pattern at a local quilt shop

Thanks for the great tute, That takes the fear out for me.

I had to google to find out what a Bow Tucks was. :) Thanks for the tutorial!

Looks like a great all-purpose bag. :)

Blog Entries
    I love the fabric putting the name on it is a very nice touch.... and I love the syle of purse

I'm making this purse for the first time, and am ready to start step 12. The directions aren't clear (or I overlooked/misread it) -- what is the dimension of this square?

I'm a visual person, so was unhappy when I opened the pattern I purchased, as there are no pictures to go along with it, so I really appreciate you taking the time to post pictures for us!

Thanks for the pictures! I have been reading about the Bow Tuck purses for the last week and was planning on buying the pattern. Then I sorted through a book shelf that holds purse patterns and guess what? I already had it! Bought last May. I plan on making one after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by jlbear
    I'm making this purse for the first time, and am ready to start step 12. The directions aren't clear (or I overlooked/misread it) -- what is the dimension of this square?

I'm a visual person, so was unhappy when I opened the pattern I purchased, as there are no pictures to go along with it, so I really appreciate you taking the time to post pictures for us!

May I suggest you take a look at your cutting list. All measurements are there. I don't want post any measurements (this is stated in the beginning of the tutorial).

Thanks for asking though.

Quote Originally Posted by freemo
    Thanks for the pictures! I have been reading about the Bow Tuck purses for the last week and was planning on buying the pattern. Then I sorted through a book shelf that holds purse patterns and guess what? I already had it! Bought last May. I plan on making one after Christmas.

Too funny! I have the same problem. LOL Too much fun stuff, not enough time. :D

where do you get the pattern for this bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Tarver
    where do you get the pattern for this bag?
    You can google it and order online from several places. A lot of local quilt shops also have it. Should cost around $6 to $10 depending on where you get it. I can't remember how much I paid for mine.

Also, there is a smaller pattern called Mini Bow Tuck tote. I just have the bigger (regular) one and modify the measurements when i want a different size.

Blog Entries
    your bag is sew prety you can also go to All People Quilt .com just sign up and you can get some very pretty bag patterns , all sizes. Dot Bug

Blog Entries
    [/quote]

I bought the pattern from a LQS and I really did not mind the money I paid for it until I started making it. Cutting it out was a breeze, but I like many are still stuck with the first step (pocket) when sewing it. I think for the money it costs, it could have included better instructions. I have been sewing for 45 yrs and never had this much trouble understanding the instructions for something I made. Very poor instructions... in my opinion.[/quote]

I know your post was quite a while ago but I had to comment. I am a new quilter - less than a year. I am just about finished with my first Bow Tuck and the whole time I've been working on it I've thought how nervous I am going to be buying patterns in the future. I think this was the WORST when it comes to pattern writing. Like so many others my pattern has been sitting for quite a while because it sounded so hard to do.
    I could not understand why I've heard so many people making so many of them. Well, now that I've made one and see that it is quite simple - if you can decifer the pattern - I can understand that.

I am SO very glad you posted that this was truly an exceptional hard pattern to understand.

Pat

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I took a class a few weeks ago for this bag. Since then I have maade another and aonther cut out ready to make. I am glad I took the class since the gal who taught it made it pretty simple to put together. I agree the instructions should have more pictures but I have noticed all of her patterns are this way. Once you make one you can understand all her patterns.

I agree about the instructions, too. That was the big reason I did this. I am so glad it has helped sooooo many! :)

Nice tute...thanks...and your nails are lovely....I'd hesitate to post any closeups with my hands and nails!

Originally Long Island,N.Y. Retired nearWilmington, North Carolina
    Survivor
    you go girl also nice handbag. :-)

Okay, I have to make some of these. Love the fabric too

I just bought the pattern today. Can't wait to try it. Hope to get alot out of your tute when I asemble mine. Thanks for posting.

Having published patterns, the price reflects the hours of work in coming up with and perfecting the pattern, the cost of production, the cost of printing. It is really a labor intensive project, I hope that helps answer your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar_ie
    I got my pattern through Amazon where the price was $10 & free shpg.
    I had seen them on another site before Amazon & the price was $9 plus $4.99 shpg. I don't get that price for just a paper pattern.
    I
    There are sites were you can get patterns for free..
    www.henriettashandbags.com for one ..[/quote]

Blog Entries
    knlsmith, this is the coolest pictorial I have ever seen, and very thorough. THANK YOU!!! This is the kind of direction I can follow:-) Can you show it next to your hand. I can not see how big or small it actually is.
    peggy

Quote Originally Posted by peggy463
    knlsmith, this is the coolest pictorial I have ever seen, and very thorough. THANK YOU!!! This is the kind of direction I can follow:-) Can you show it next to your hand. I can not see how big or small it actually is.
    peggy
    I modified the pattern to a size I like. It is more the size of the mini bow tuck. I don't have a pic handy, but I can put a gallon of milk in it to give you an idea of size. Hope this helps. And thanks so much for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by knlsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeps Them In Stitches
    I have bookmarked your Tut on t he Bow Tuck Tote as I appreciate the visual aids.

It looks like you are using the PFF (Pellon 987F Fusible Fleece). Would your recommend using regular batting as a substitute? Or could that make it too bulky?
    I see no problem with it. I know others have used regular batting and basting spray. I haven't tried it. I have used NON fusible fleece and just ran basting stitch around the edge of it to the fabric.
    I don't have any Pellon, I've made 4 or 5 of these just using Warm&Natural that I have on hand (I buy it by the Queen size roll). No problems so far!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast