Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Continuous Half Square Triangles with EQ6 >

Continuous Half Square Triangles with EQ6

Continuous Half Square Triangles with EQ6

Old 07-02-2010, 12:33 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions. I did look at Rhonda's tutorial. However, I think I figured it out on my own anyway. Thanks again.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
I have a question. I have a pattern that calls for a 2 7/8 square which I want to cut in half and use two different colors. If I were just doing it all in one color and not cutting, it would be 3 3/8 square to accommodate for the 1/4 seam.
What size do I now need to make it to accommodate the seem where I cut it diagonally and it becomes triangles? I don't know how to figure this out.
I would love to have an explanation/formula in case I decide to do this with other size blocks in the future.
I don't have EQ any version right now.
I would appreciate some help with this one and will look into getting EQ.

Originally Posted by amma
I draw out the line of blocks to the size I want, this one, the individual Half Squares finish at 3"

I print them out as a foundation block, and because these are small enough I checked the box "print as many as fit" in options and I can get two rows of blocks per page.

You can do this in any of the EQ programs
I have been told to add 7/8" to each side. I sometimes round it off at an inch and then can square the block.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911
I also got the EQ7, still in the box. Haven't had time to learn the program (that applies to EQ5 and EQ6) ha ha. Hopefully I will find the courage and time to sit long enough to get through chapter 1. Do you use the program often?
I'm with you. I learn enough to get by and then forget it by the time I use it again. I got #7 and have not opened it yet. I was at the Houston Quilt show last year and went to their booth to ask a question, the woman that "helped" me was neither friendly nor helpful, she acted as if I was bothering her. But I know I would love EQ even more if I would just sit down a work thru it.

I have never understood why there are so many books out there on EQ, do you have to have them to do everything on the program?
Old 07-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

So far, everything that I have wanted to learn, I was able to learn from the manual... EQ6 was my first, and I would grab a cup of coffee and the manual and work through a lesson... go back and review the previous ones until I was comfortable enough to move forward.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:29 PM

So far, everything that I have wanted to learn, I was able to learn from the manual... EQ6 was my first, and I would grab a cup of coffee and the manual and work through a lesson... go back and review the previous ones until I was comfortable enough to move forward.
Thanks, I need to make myself take the time and do it. I love the possibilities it has, that's why I keep buying it. I started with #5
Old 07-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Banned

thank you and God bless. Penny
Old 07-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

One of our LQS had a two hour class. I took it and loved it but by the time I got home I forgot everything past the first 15 minutes. I wish the shops offered more classes on EQ. I know that once I have the basics down I will be able to experiment more on my own.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
I can see that as a border :thumbup:

Why EQ6... you have EQ7 :wink: LOL
Thanks to both of you....( I like also the "border" idea) :thumbup:
Old 07-03-2010, 09:37 PM

This is the trick to learning these programs...they are user friendly if you will take the time to sit and work through the lessons. This manual is not written to be too technical, very easy to read and learn with. Each lesson builds on the last, and before you know it, you will be blowing through that program!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Sharoni
I just got EQ7 and I have concluded that my fear of being stupid is happening. Perhaps it's just a little overwhelming.
So glad I am not the only one in this category!!! I am usually pretty quick to pick up a new program, but so far, not this one. Mostly, I think I just need to take some time to do some serious playing with it. :)

Patti