Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
For Gee Hope >

For Gee Hope

For Gee Hope

Old 09-07-2010, 11:17 AM

Awesome I have always wanted to know how to do this. Happy as can be woohoo!!!! I am bookmaking this one.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:40 AM
Banned

Thank you, and God bless.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:12 PM

Great tutorial. I have also used netting on the top between the layers, it disappears in the embroidery and gives a lift to the threads so the embroidery really pops out. I match the netting or tulle to the color of the towel.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Caroltee
OOps I think # 9 and 10 are out of order but I think U get the picture. Sorry I have never done a tutorial before and am not a very good teacher but that’s how I have tough my self to do towels
Very good tut. I will go back to my kitchen towels and do them your way. I think I see my mistakes.

Added aside. We have just started a new machine embroidery group in our ASG club. These are the VERY experienced members who are going to start from the beginning and try to help some of us who at times, just don't get it. We will be able to call or email the EMs with questions that most of the time I think are so stupid. I don't know why. I have mastered every sewing skill from tailoring to free motion painting, but can't seem to master the EMs yet. I know..... it's practice, practice etc. like quilting. I love it and am computer savvy so persevere.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by maggie2122
Great tutorial. I have also used netting on the top between the layers, it disappears in the embroidery and gives a lift to the threads so the embroidery really pops out. I match the netting or tulle to the color of the towel.
Thats a good idea... never though of using netting. I guess tullie would work 2. Thanks for the tip.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by mar32428
Originally Posted by Caroltee
Originally Posted by mar32428
I did this with my first towel and all went well with the first two designs. The third one was too dense as I found out later. How do you "de- dense" a pattern?
Am not sure if I under stand what U mean but if the design is to tight then U may need to make the pattern larger (resize the design) to release some of the density. If the towels were of a different weave that may have played a part in the outcome. Hope this helps… Let me know what happens .Good Luck
Thanks Caroltee. I'll try that. I really haven't spent the time to learn all the ins and outs of embroidery. My ASG has started a club to take us from the very beginning to wherever. I sure need it. Not stupid, just lazy. Too much quilting. You guys keep putting on beautiful quilts that I decide I must try. Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!!
All three towels were the same weave etc. I even used H2O soluble on top to keep the pattern from sinking in the weave. I'm hoping this class will help solve my questions.