Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Lazy Girl Patterns >

Lazy Girl Patterns

Lazy Girl Patterns

Old 04-23-2022, 02:23 AM

Default Lazy Girl Patterns

Has anyone made the Bendy Bag? I have the pattern and have read the directions but need some guidance. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2022, 07:33 AM

I haven't made the Bendy Bag. I've made the City Bag twice. I love her patterns. She has good instructions and very innovative ways to doing things easier than other bag patterns I've used.
Old 04-27-2022, 01:06 PM

I, too, have the bendy bag pattern/instructions. I can't figure our what to do to make this bag. If anyone can figure out how to make this bag, I would like to know too.
Old 04-27-2022, 01:09 PM

What issues are you encountering?
Old 04-27-2022, 01:29 PM

I’m slowly working my way through all the steps. So far so good. I’ll let you know when I get stuck. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2022, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by jinik View Post
I’m slowly working my way through all the steps. So far so good. I’ll let you know when I get stuck. Thanks.
I've found that this is often the best way. I'm not good at reading instructions and really understanding them without doing them. I just start working thru them and usually figure it out. Well, except for the ill fated StudioKat bag.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I've found that this is often the best way. I'm not good at reading instructions and really understanding them without doing them. I just start working thru them and usually figure it out. Well, except for the ill fated StudioKat bag.
Which StudioKat pattern was that? I have one I've been procrastinating for years over, even though I've made many, many bags....
Old 04-28-2022, 07:25 PM

It was The Guardian. I thought the instructions were terrible. The ones that came with the bag were hard to understand so you had to go to her website and download more instructions with pictures. As I remember neither set was complete so you had to read back and forth between them. There was also a lot of inconsistency with her terminology. She would call a piece one thing on the pattern and another in the instructions. It was just very hard and confusing. I've made bags from Lazy Girl Designs and Pink Sand without problems. I thought that her construction techniques were weird also which made everything more difficult.

Before you start, do a quick google search for reviews of the pattern. They can be helpful to decide if you really want to make the bag.