Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Maple Leaf Mug Rugs - Pictorial Tutorial & Pattern

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing this with us. Very useful. Can't wait to try this one myself. Great gift idea.

Thank you so much Marcia and Kim for straightening out the Word and .PDF files for me to show the revision at step # 7! :thumbup: And big smiles from me to everyone for such enthusiastic and kind comments! I hope some of you do make them, because we would love to see pictures of them!!!
    Yes, they would make great door prizes and gifts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniatureQuilts
    Would make a great applique too!! How about 1930's leaf-themed feedsack prints???????????
    Now there is another great idea! I LOVE feedsack prints and it would be neat to see them in leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie B
    I love this & what a great way to use some scrap fabric & batting. I think I'm going to make some just to lay around on my tables as autumn decoration. Thank you!
    Yes, they really are a wonderful way to use up scraps of fabric and batting Debbie.

I tried a couple using thick fleece for batting and that works quite well too. So if you have fleece in prints you can’t really use anywhere else… consider using it as batting, as long as your fabric isn’t so light it would show through.

sunnymom: I feel special that your first post was on this topic! Thank you! :-D

Golfer: Congratulations to you and your family and especially your son and his new bride to be. You must be very excited about their upcoming wedding, less than 2 weeks now! I'm glad you liked the leaves and thought they would be good rehearsal dinner gifts, but gosh! 21? I wouldn't have wanted to try to do that many either amongst all the other little uproars that go on before a wedding. ;-) I hope it all goes wonderfully!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilted Dogs
    Just saw someone that made these on the board tonight and added a stem, they are so nice. Just wanted to share with you I thought of making a bigger one and zooming the pattern up bigger and storing the four in it on my antiques trunk when not using them. Just leave the bottom open and turn under and put the four in it, what u think.......Just love your idea.....nice for gifts at work. I like to do the seasons with a surprise for all at work and this is perfect, thanks for sharing.
    Hey Shar! That is a great idea to make a matching leaf bag to hold all the leaf mug rugs! The pattern blows up bigger quite well. Although you need to be careful to follow the shape evenly, because it is easier with a blown up version to have the leaf lobes come out unbalanced. I found this out when I made a hot pad. I did a hot pad with 2 layers of fleece and it came out very well after I ripped out and redid the wonky leaf lobe. ;)
    You really spoil your coworkers and I bet they look forward to whatever you come up with for each season. You all must be a very friendly group at work. That is quite a wonderful thing to have!

Yes, I did see Patchgirl's topic about her Leaf Mug Rug with Stem. I was going to answer there when you asked her “Where can I get the pattern…?” but then I saw that you found this topic and therefore the pattern. I still hope she answers on her topic though. :?
    The addition of a stem is nice. I had experimented with that too. But I ended up choosing to post the stemless version, probably because I was working from a real maple leaf and didn't feel I could make the stem thin enough. But, stemless or stemmed, they both are neat. For anyone who would like to see how Patchgirl added a stem, check this topic: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-153746-1.htm

Lara, I rethought the idea of making 21 maple leaf mug rugs. They are beautiful but very time consuming. Thank you for the well wishes. Yes we are very excited.

O.M.G......you could NOT have been a better job with your instructions, truly great.....thank you so much for shareing with us....can not wait to make now.....

Blog Entries
    Perfect Tutorial .... congratulations. Must try your technique

Blog Entries
    This is so pretty, and I was just looking for something to make my dad for his birthday September 26. I had just got him the perfect card today that had twigs, and little fall leaves around the words. Thank You.

This is amazing. I am going to make these for my mother in law! I think she will love these. Great tutorial! You make it look so easy!

thank you very much for sharing, I cannot wait to try this, it looks simple enough I think even I can accomplish it...

The PDF file is super duper great....wish we could do that with more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborahlees
    Yup, Yup, Yup! You can thank Marcia and Kim for that. It was quite a nice surprise when Marcia contacted me and then she and Kim followed through and did it for us all! :thumbup:
    Patrice J helped me a lot too in adding the one change back into the very beginning of the tutorial too, along with mention of where to find the downloads. You might say this is a community effort. Great people here on the QB!

Thanks for all the positive words and appreciation everyone!

Blog Entries
    Deborah, you should be able to download any word document, and save it as a pdf file. i have windows 7 and it has a program to change it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborahlees

i under stand that however, in the original format of the tutorial, they were all individual windows......, that was the problem, before the word doc or PDF......aren't we all getting so computer savy in our 'advanced youth'.......

Blog Entries
    speak for yourself..i am still struggling! lol i just got windows 7, and i hate it..to used to XP. i am still trying to learn here.. :roll:

I feel your pain.....it is a slow process, just when we think we know what we are doing....along comes something new....

I haven't been into mug rugs until I saw the ones you did. I love the maple leaf. Thanks so much for the pattern and tutorial!!!!

Just made one!!! I love it

It is going to be a gift for my husband Grandmother. She used to quilt and sew, not so much any more. Anyway, I am making 4 and have a 2 13x13 panels that match. The mug rugs, will be gifts for her birthday on 10/16 and the panels will be hand quilted and a Christmas gift. She will love it!!

Thanks for posting this tutorial!!!

Thank you for sharing this wonderful tut !!!

Blog Entries
    awesome! I love this site

Blog Entries
    Great idea and Tutorial, Thank you!!

Blog Entries
    Love this tutorial and the maple leaf mug rugs are extra cute.

How lovely! Thanks so much....and for the inspiration....I see maple leaves, oak leaves....birds, flowers....

I am fairly new here. (It takes a while to understand just how to navigate this site effectively!) Just found this! Want to thank you for the pattern and tutorial! Love this site!

Blog Entries
    Those are so cute! Thanks for sharing! A big hug!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast