Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Mysi's Mystery  11Dec2010 DO NOT CUT YET ! >

Mysi's Mystery 11Dec2010 DO NOT CUT YET !

Mysi's Mystery 11Dec2010 DO NOT CUT YET !

Old 12-26-2010, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Momofthree
Thanks for the help, I can't wait to get started!!! When are we going to get working?
On the 30th of Dec.. that's our target date. :)

Missy
Old 12-26-2010, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by mysikaanne
Last night I went shopping for my fabric, I don't have a stash yet. My son helped me pick out some of the colors. I think because it is for me I am having a hard time with where to have the each color. Suggestions will be welcome.
OK Mom.. here we go..
Bkg- White
Color1-Dk blue
Color2-burgandy
Color3-green
color 4 light blue
accent-dk pink
2nd accent-light pink
inner border- orange
Focus- floral
How did you figure all that out? This what really frustrates me when I want to do a mystery quilt. I always worry about having a really dumb fabric in the most obvious place. How do you figure what to put where?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Last night I went shopping for my fabric, I don't have a stash yet. My son helped me pick out some of the colors. I think because it is for me I am having a hard time with where to have the each color. Suggestions will be welcome.
OK Mom.. here we go..
Bkg- White
Color1-Dk blue
Color2-burgandy
Color3-green
color 4 light blue
accent-dk pink
2nd accent-light pink
inner border- orange
Focus- floral
How did you figure all that out? This what really frustrates me when I want to do a mystery quilt. I always worry about having a really dumb fabric in the most obvious place. How do you figure what to put where?
That was my concern so I asked for help. I can't wait to see these together.

I hope I can wait until the 30th!!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:46 PM

How did you figure all that out? This what really frustrates me when I want to do a mystery quilt. I always worry about having a really dumb fabric in the most obvious place. How do you figure what to put where?[/quote]

That was my concern so I asked for help. I can't wait to see these together.

I hope I can wait until the 30th!![/quote]

Welcome ladies - most of us feel the same. Missy has been fantastic in helping us all with putting our fabrics in the right places. Going to be so exciting to see each week what our squares are going to look like when we get to share them. Thank goodness for digital technology :thumbup: and very caring and sharing quilters out there giving up there time and experience for others.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:05 PM

Perhaps I can find my fabrics on Tuesday. I think I have some really nice florals that go together. I'll see what I have.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:37 PM

Perhaps I can find my fabrics on Tuesday. I think I have some really nice florals that go together. I'll see what I have.
Great Gwyn!
Missy
Old 12-27-2010, 11:51 AM

OK Mom.. here we go..
Bkg- White
Color1-Dk blue
Color2-burgandy
Color3-green
color 4 light blue
accent-dk pink

Usually I look at the picks that the hostess makes. Then I find something that I like and 'emulate' if you will what she has..Then I'll ask her what she thinks.. and go from there. Mysteries are a leap of faith, loss of 'control' per se.. even a get outside your comfort zone kind of learning process. Most times they turn out great.. others.. just ok. But w/ the choices everyone has made I think these will be of the 'great' category!

Missy
2nd accent-light pink
inner border- orange
Focus- floral
Old 12-27-2010, 09:42 PM

I hope that I can get the block done the day you post, I am also trying to do the BOM on the 1st and the 15th.

How long did you say this mystery will last?

I washed my fabric today and decided to try a color catcher I just baught. I put all the colors in together and the white fabric came out white! I am going to try to get to the cutting tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:42 PM

I havn't picked out my fabrics yet. Maybe sometime this week.....
Old 12-27-2010, 10:50 PM

I hope that I can get the block done the day you post, I am also trying to do the BOM on the 1st and the 15th.

How long did you say this mystery will last?

I washed my fabric today and decided to try a color catcher I just baught. I put all the colors in together and the white fabric came out white! I am going to try to get to the cutting tomorrow.
Cool! I'm glad that worked. You were brave to put all those colors together. The mystery will last as long as we have clues.. and then the clues will probably remain on the board or my blog for awhile. Where is the link for the BOM.. I may be interested. (like I need something else?!!)

Missy