Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Paper Piecing Tutorial >

Paper Piecing Tutorial

Paper Piecing Tutorial

Old 02-12-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Thank you all for the kind comments!!!

gaigai, Sometimes I just randomly cut fabric too, but if I am doing a lot of blocks I usually cut them and stack them and chain piece them. Cut out the next bunch and on I go LOL
The add a quarter ruler would be handy...it is on my wish list :wink:

Lisa, and anyone else, if you have any questions on this feel free to send me a PM!!! I am more than happy to help!

I probably would have pieced it that way too bearisgray...most fabrics would not show the difference, but I went with the numbering on the template for the tutorial, I did not want to confuse anyone.
The other benefit to showing it this way was it did teach people new at pp to look at the lines and determine where to trim after each addition.
I am one of those "NEW" people. Not to quilting but to PP. I bought Judy Neimeyer's Star Wedding Ring and it will be a king. I don't do nothing easy!! And I have been reading everything I can on PP. I had one class about 5 years ago and made a potholder. I loved the process. The LQS would never get someone in to teach a class because most all the customers said ewww PP, I don't like that. Well, yeah if they gave it a chance and learned it they might have liked it! But some people just like the same ol', same ol'. Not me. Don't know how many years I got left but I'm learning something everyday and it's a joy! Thanks to you and the other people like you that spend their time teaching and sharing what you know. I've never met a lovelier bunch of people. Smart and crazy too..........just kidding. Anyway, thank you. katie