Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/alaskasunshines-fabric-folding-organizing-your-quilt-room-t43871.html)

alaskasunshine 08-10-2010 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by bluadept
Where do you get the bolt binders?

I bought them from a friend. You can find them online...just Google "bolt buddies". I hope this helps you! :D

bluadept 08-10-2010 01:54 PM

That works great. They are only at a place call pal products

grannylou 08-10-2010 08:26 PM

Wow, what a great tutorial. And I love your sewing room and how organized you are.

Helen1 08-12-2010 12:25 AM

Gosh, you look like a shop! Not sure I will ever be that tidy but it is so much better to have on view - mine are in boxes in cupboards and under bed - have to drag everything out. One day perhaps - I would enjoy doing it.

jillherndon 08-17-2010 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
1. Size of boards
2. laying fabric
3. folding fabric (have your fabric neat not wrinkled!) Have fold near you and selvedges away from you. Bring selvedges to the fold and firmly hand press to keep neat. The remainder of the fabric will be in a chait that is cloth so it doesn't slide around and off the chair. This is important! It took me a bit to realize I needed the fabric on a cloth chair. It works well and keeps the weight evenly distributed for ease of folding. LOTS of pictures to come! Pictures are 1-24

What kind of board do you use?

alaskasunshine 08-17-2010 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by trish b
Thank you, ALASKASUNSHINE FOR THE GREAT TUTORIAL. I went to my local sign shop and ask for scraps of Coroplast sign board. He gave me 15 to 20 pieces about 7x24 for nothing (I did offer). Then I found a local supplier and got 18 X 24 boards for $1 each They also sold 4x8 sheets for about $9.35 each. I have two closets full of fabric and have just started to organizing them. Again thanks for the great Idea.

You're so welcome! :D I hope you post pix of what you get done! Happy folding!

jillherndon,
here it is...have fun on this adventure :thumbup: :-D :shock:

BarbaraA 08-26-2010 05:48 PM

I found 24x36 coroplast at Home Depot for 5.75!!! Yay, now I can quit obsessing about trying to find it and just do it! I don't need a lot because my stash is not that big. I know I could have got them cheaper online, but I didn't want to buy a whole bunch. I bought three for now and can add more easily. Out of each 24x36 I can get 9 of the large cuts, or 6 large cuts and 12 of the small cuts.........or...?? I hope I can cut them with a box cutter, any suggestions? Thank you for your tuitorial!! Now my next project to obsess about is the big ironing board!

franie 08-26-2010 06:05 PM

Thank you for this tut. I am gonna start doing that. I love it.

franie 08-26-2010 06:07 PM

Everyone loves the peninsula!

Originally Posted by akgranny
wow! that's some stash, sunshine!
i fold my larger pieces like this, too, but without the board base. looks like the board makes it easier to store.

Hi there...I wanna go to Seward sooooo bad!!! It is myfavorite place! How are you doing?

barbbrad 08-30-2010 11:54 AM

thank you, my quilting room is not that neat...now I know what a quilting room should look like!!!