Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   All 23 EQ PDF Lessons by Rhonda (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/all-23-eq-pdf-lessons-rhonda-t195158.html)

justflyingin 04-30-2014 03:27 AM

Thank you so much! I have EQ 6 and am determined to use it this year. I've whizzed through 5 lessons because I figured that much out (most of it) on my own, but now the real work begins! Thanks so much for these! :)

Rhonda 04-30-2014 04:31 AM

You're welcome! I enjoy my EQ and couldn't stand to see so many floundering with it and not using it. If I can help just let me know.

I'm still looking forward to seeing that quilt when you get it done Jill :)

jillmc 05-06-2014 06:04 AM

Hi Rhonda....I probably didn't make myself clear when I was asking about adding a border between 2 borders already placed.........BUT...........I was going through your lessons from the start, again, cuz they are making more sense to me now that i have played a bit, and low and behold, the answer to my question was in one of your lessons! To add a border between 2 borders already placed, just click the "insert" button on the border tab instead of "add" or "delete".......voila! I was able to play around a bit, and it works! :) Thank you, again!!! Hope that helps someone else with this question...

Rhonda 05-06-2014 07:41 AM

LOL Jill couldn't prove it by me! I taught myself to do some of that when I did the lessons and promptly forgot a lot of it. LOL I"m glad you figured out the answer to your question. Sorry I didn't remember that step. Good thing I wrote down the lesson as it is completely gone from my brain now. LOL

jillmc 05-19-2014 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Rhonda-
Here is my completed quilt top...I ran out of fabric, so it's "done"!
Question....I skimmed thru my eq5 manuals, but I did not see info on how to audition quilting motifs on the designed quilt. Is that possible with this program? I want to attempt other designs on this top-I can meander and loop, now onto feathers...ha! I know no fear

Rhonda 05-19-2014 07:56 PM

That turned out gorgeous!! I love the ribbon effect in the middle. Did you use Boston blocks to make them? Just curious.

Okay I was going to tell you I didn't know how but I found it in the manual on page 54.
You have to choose the motifs you want and put them in your sketchbook.
To add motifs
Click on the blocks icon
go to the library and click on block library
then choose motifs
add the ones you like to your sketchbook.

Once you added them
go to your blocks window
click on motifs choose the one you want
then go to the quilt.
Hold down the shift button
place your curser on the quilt where you want the motif and hold down the left side of mouse and draw it up to make a box. your motif will appear in the middle.

if this is confusing I can do it in pictures if you let me know.

I'm not sure if this is in the lessons I did or not. I'd have to go look to know for sure.

jillmc 05-20-2014 05:39 AM

Ahhh....you are so smart! Thank you! The grands will be here today and tomorrow, so I will play with this on Thursday.
Again, thank you for sharing your time and talent!

jillmc 05-20-2014 06:04 AM

Oops...forgot....the ribbon border on my quilt is the pattern Curling Ribbons on quilterscache. Not sure if that's a boston block or not! :) I had some issues with the corners, but decided it looked ok and just kept going! I added the border on EQ, but I used HST, and it looked much better around the corners....but I wanted to try a new block, and it just didnt' line up quite right.

rwquilts 05-20-2014 06:54 AM

Rhonda, how cool are you????? Thanks mucho!!!!

Rhonda 05-20-2014 10:51 AM

Thanks Jill and Rhonda. I just looked in the book LOL

Jill Boston Blocks are one of my shortcut blocks I teach. I created them. I have about 8 diff shortcut pieced blocks.
I can see the ribbon border could be made with my shortcut blocks. http://www.quiltingboard.com/tags/bl...by+rhonda.html