Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Bow Tuck Tote Pictorial Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/bow-tuck-tote-pictorial-tutorial-t55016.html)

blzzrdqueen 11-17-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by knlsmith

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
I am going to be trying a mini bow tuck today as a gift for my niece but I have a couple questions. 1. On average, how long did it take to complete the bag, large or mini. 2. I should know the answer to this...but when it says width of fabric, is that selvage to selvage? I'm trying to use my stash and I have a few yards of fabric to use...and so I always forget what the actual measurements are of a yard...so that's question #3...what is the actual measurement of a yard...silly questions, I know...but I won't know unless I ask, right??

No problem.

WOF (width of fabric) is from salvedge to salvadge (seen it spelled both ways). the WOF will end up being the length of your straps and inside pockets. A good thing to do is measure your favorite purse you use now and than add a half inch or better to get a strap length you will like.

A yard is 36 inches.

The first one i did took me a couple days (working off and on). I did a fake one with newspaper and scotch tape first. didn't use all the details, just the basic parts. Once you do the first one, very easy to get one done in less than a day.

Thank you! I do have another question...one step 3, the outer portion and lining pieces, I'm supposed to put the fleece on all 4 pieces, then quilt...am I quilting the individual pieces after I've fused them?

knlsmith 11-17-2010 11:19 PM

Yup each one after you fuse. And you can quilt or not quilt. Its all up to what you like.

emsgranny 11-19-2010 04:39 AM

Dont have my pattern yet - its in transit lol I bookmarked this so when I do get my pattern I have pics - so much easier with visual aids thanks cheryl :-D

ania755 11-19-2010 06:55 AM

:thumbup: Thank you

Mizgoodie 11-20-2010 07:31 PM

I stopped at Joann's in Springfield the other day to get a pattern for a bow tuck and no one had ever heard of it. I guess I will just have to order one!

quiltnut4ever 11-22-2010 12:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I DID IT! AND WITHOUT THIS TUTORIAL I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD A CLUE TO PUT IT TOGETHER! Its a belated birthday gift for a friend and she loves it! Thank you so much for this tute. It is easy and very fast! Now I"m going to make another one for my other friend and some mini bow tuck ones!

My first bow tuck tote in golds and brown
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132024[/ATTACH]

The inside
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132025[/ATTACH]

BMP 11-22-2010 01:00 PM

Beautiful...

knlsmith 11-22-2010 02:41 PM

I love your fabric and it looks great!! Congrats! You officially have the bug! LOL

Mizgoodie 11-22-2010 04:07 PM

I love it. This is the best one yet.

ania755 11-23-2010 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever
I DID IT! AND WITHOUT THIS TUTORIAL I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD A CLUE TO PUT IT TOGETHER! Its a belated birthday gift for a friend and she loves it! Thank you so much for this tute. It is easy and very fast! Now I"m going to make another one for my other friend and some mini bow tuck ones!

Congratulation... :thumbup: Looking great