Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   CLUE #1: Mysi's Mystery! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/clue-1-mysis-mystery-t86149.html)

Carsey 01-03-2011 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Missy: I decided that I am going to have to buy some focal fabric. I want to do at least the full/twin and I need at least 2 1/4 yds. So.... I have some ideas that I want you to look at before I purchase them. I know that I am getting a late start, but when I finally get the fabric that I need, I will catch up. I might still take Gwyn up on her offer if she has enough focus fabric in the beautiful birds. I know that there are too many colors, but we can pick the best ones.

Carsey 01-03-2011 01:32 PM

Judy: I love browns and aquas together!!!! Beautiful!

candi 01-03-2011 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am loving everyone's progress so far, I can't wait to see the quilts we end up with..so exciting!
I finished the 120 pieces for the one side, and starting to work on the 120 pieces for the mirror image( full size quilt), but here is a photo of a couple completed units.

Missy, thanks for organizing this for us. I am loving it!

JAGSD 01-03-2011 02:33 PM

candi, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so pretty,your colors are wonderful!

mysikaanne 01-03-2011 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905
this is my results for Clue #1

Judy! Awesome, I didn't think that the 3D geese would work in this instance!! OMG! That is a great job!!! Did you cut the square to a 2 1/4? and do it that way? I like it! :) ... writing profusely for the 'betterment' of the quilt... this is why I love this place!

mysikaanne 01-03-2011 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by sawsan

Originally Posted by candi

Originally Posted by Georgia girl
I am confused by the number of pieces. How many finished pieces of clue #1 should I have for a queen size? Thanks.

Georgia Girl, if you follow this link, on page 3, Missy posted how many pieces each size needs for first clue. It looks like for Queen Size you need 168 pieces for each side, for a total of 336 pieces. Check out this here:
http://mysimystery.files.wordpress.c...y-revised1.pdf

Page 3 has the number of pieces.

Ok, here is the deal, you need a total of 168 pieces finished as in a triangle in the middles of them.. I needed to 'mirror them' so we had to cut 168 per side. In this way we will have the total we need.

Missy

U need 168 squares + 168 rectangle with the /
and need 168 squares + 168 rectangle with the opossite shape of line as diagonal
U will have 336 units like gees fly in the middle
Mine and others in pade 2 this thread
Good luck

mysikaanne 01-03-2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Missy: I decided that I am going to have to buy some focal fabric. I want to do at least the full/twin and I need at least 2 1/4 yds. So.... I have some ideas that I want you to look at before I purchase them. I know that I am getting a late start, but when I finally get the fabric that I need, I will catch up. I might still take Gwyn up on her offer if she has enough focus fabric in the beautiful birds. I know that there are too many colors, but we can pick the best ones.

Carsey! Those are awesome!! I love it! here's the colors that I am drawn to.. Fabrics 2,3,5,11,10,7,6. let me know what you think. :)Well done on the post too! Like the way it was put together.

Missy

mysikaanne 01-03-2011 03:10 PM

I am loving everyone's progress so far, I can't wait to see the quilts we end up with..so exciting!
I finished the 120 pieces for the one side, and starting to work on the 120 pieces for the mirror image( full size quilt), but here is a photo of a couple completed units.

Candi! That is... is.. LOL to wonderful for words! HUGS! Glad you like it.

Missy

Carsey 01-03-2011 03:36 PM

Oh, Candi....How Cool!!!!

Carsey 01-03-2011 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by mysikaanne

Originally Posted by Carsey

Carsey! Those are awesome!! I love it! here's the colors that I am drawn to.. Fabrics 2,3,5,11,10,7,6. let me know what you think. :)Well done on the post too! Like the way it was put together.

Missy

Missy: That is only 7 fabrics. I thought we needed 8 and then the focus made 9????