Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   CLUE #1: Mysi's Mystery! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/clue-1-mysis-mystery-t86149.html)

Sadiemae 01-01-2011 11:22 AM

JoAnn, very nice! Love the colors!

hlponyfarm 01-01-2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
what size r u making?

Originally Posted by hlponyfarm
Here are my clues. that was fun. I think Im ready for clue 2. I only had to rip out seams a few times. Happy New Year everyone!

Im starting out small since Ive never made anything before. Im going with the wall hanging. cheers

Carsey 01-01-2011 03:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Missy:

Here are 2 fabrics that I might use for my focus. What do yo think?? Are either of these ok for fthe focus???? Do I need to look some more???? HELP!!!!

mysikaanne 01-01-2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Missy:

Here are 2 fabrics that I might use for my focus. What do yo think?? Are either of these ok for fthe focus???? Do I need to look some more???? HELP!!!!

I like the birds, has more color choices to choose from.. BUT... I like the flowers too! :) I'd go w/ the birds for now.. You can always make another w/ the flowers.. *Wink! I also want to remind you will have to make sure they are 12 1/2" square.. May have to add a border on it so that it will meet that requirement? HUGS!

Missy

Short an Sweet 01-01-2011 04:06 PM

I love the bird one, I bought that and several of the co-ordinating fabrics for it

Missy:

Cuddly Quilter 01-01-2011 08:45 PM

I love the bird one, I bought that and several of the co-ordinating fabrics for it

Missy:

Oh i LOVE THE BIRDS ALSO. Cannot wait to see your final quilt

sawsan 01-01-2011 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter

Missy:

Oh i LOVE THE BIRDS ALSO. Cannot wait to see your final quilt

love birds looks 3D, would be nice

mysikaanne 01-02-2011 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Maribeth
Thanks for posting. Just so I understand, I want to have 168 of the finished piece shown on page 17 for the queen size quilt?

Yes...That is correct.:) Lotsa pieces huh!?...Giggle.. Does it ever amaze you how many pieces you actually sew and put together?? It does me!! :lol: Take care Maribeth

Missy

mysikaanne 01-02-2011 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Oh man!! I havn't even picked out my fabric yet!!!!!

Get movin'! :) HUGS.. Just teasin' take your time and have fun!

Missy

mysikaanne 01-02-2011 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by mysikaanne

Originally Posted by seweasy
Hi! Missy, I got my first set block finished. Never done any like this before, came out pretty good. If turned with points down, would they be consider flying geese blocks. Why I ask, I'm wanting to work on a sweatshirt jacket that calls for flying geese blocks and the blocks I just finished look like the blocks called for on the jacket layout.
I'm fairly new to quilting so I don't always know the correct name for some blocks. Take care, Chris

Yes Seweasy, it's a 'variation' of a flying geese :) You are doing just fine! HUGS! Send us pictures so I can post them on my blog!

Missy

Seweasy.. here you go http://flourishingpalms.blogspot.com...-tutorial.html here is a flying geese tutorial. The only thing I do different is I use an inch instead of the 7/8"..(rather trim if I need to... it's easier to take off instead of put on!) :) Maybe this will help you for your jacket pattern?

MIssy