Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Confetti Quilt Instructor (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/confetti-quilt-instructor-t151104.html)

sewbeadit 12-18-2011 01:34 AM

I keep all of my cutaways, scraps, etc., I have a plastic bag hanging out of the way on my cutting/sewing table and toss them in, I find all kinds of uses for that stuff. This being one. I also use bits when I need to check how my stitches are on my sewing machine, etc. It is all in there and waiting for a new (thing) to use it on.

smcfadden 12-18-2011 10:34 AM

I love that Italian sunset!

icon17 12-18-2011 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 4790738)
I keep all of my cutaways, scraps, etc., I have a plastic bag hanging out of the way on my cutting/sewing table and toss them in, I find all kinds of uses for that stuff. This being one. I also use bits when I need to check how my stitches are on my sewing machine, etc. It is all in there and waiting for a new (thing) to use it on.

Hi, Sewbeadit
I just want to say how I love your Avatar! I have one Just like that too! they sure sew great, And I think some call them 'The Grasshopers' LOL Also I see were in WA.

grammy of 6 12-18-2011 05:03 PM

Have I missed something? Is there a video or CD? I would love to try this technique, but need visual instructions.

dublb 12-18-2011 05:35 PM

She has a website & the video is for sale. I'm looking forward to buying it.:)

lfstamper 12-18-2011 05:52 PM

Sew what is the name of the website and video? Sounds very fun.

dublb 12-18-2011 06:24 PM

I PM'd her earlier & asked for her website. I'm looking forward to trying this. I'm unsure about posting it here. If I can I will.

sewbeadit 12-18-2011 11:38 PM

Hi Icon17, I love the machine too they are great and are called the grasshopper. Where did you find yours? We found this one on ebay for a fortune when machines were selling really high a few years ago. I don't regret buying it one bit tho. I am glad you like my Avatar pic. Yes, we are both in Wa. you are way up there and I am way down and west near the coast.lol There seems to be quite a few from Wa on here, we should all get together sometime.

Originally Posted by icon17 (Post 4792224)
Hi, Sewbeadit
I just want to say how I love your Avatar! I have one Just like that too! they sure sew great, And I think some call them 'The Grasshopers' LOL Also I see were in WA.

lizzy 12-19-2011 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris (Post 4151284)
How wonderfully generous of you to share the "basics" of your technique with us. All of the pictures look wonderful.
You give us a new answer to the question. "How small of a scrap of material do you keep?"
My goofy sense of humor says, "Okay, nobody sneeze!!" :lol:

I also thank you for sharing. I have wanted to try this for a while and y our tutorial has given me reason to do so. I love the picture of the dog. All of your students have done soooo well.

lfstamper 12-19-2011 02:59 PM

Thanks dublb. I will pm her myself. Duh...why didn't I think of that?...lol.