Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Confetti Quilt Instructor (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/confetti-quilt-instructor-t151104.html)

jand635 09-07-2011 12:30 PM

No, well sorta. She uses some sticky fusible interfacing to stick it all together. You have to be very careful when you cut each piece that it lands right side up or you will have things stuck to your iron. My technique uses NO glue, NO sticky stuff. Once it is quilted, you can toss it in the washer, roll it, fold it..whatever. I don't cut the confetti one piece at a time either. I use my rotary cutter.

jand635 09-07-2011 12:32 PM

you enlarge the image, assuming it needs it. use a window or light box to trace the main elements of the picture on to batting using a sharpie. Or, you could just draw right on the batting with the sharpie if you have any drawing ability.

jand635 09-07-2011 12:36 PM

I'm cheap! I won't spend the money AND the confetti is often piled up. The only confetti that would stick is the bottom layer. The other layers would still be loose. In my mind, it would not be worth the expense to only insure one layer of pieces would be stuck down. You would still have to handle it very carefully.

jand635 09-07-2011 12:38 PM

Hey Jackie-
Which one are you in the picture?
FYI, I just made an appointment with a videographer to create a video of this technique that I will be putting on the web for rent. Much easier to show you than to tell you how this works.

jand635 09-07-2011 12:40 PM

OMG I just realized that you are in Ireland! WOW! and Hello. I love, love, love the internet because of this.

By the way, I am making a video that people can rent about this technique. Stay tuned.

ncsewer 09-07-2011 03:47 PM

These are so cool!! And it sounds like it should be easy.

jand635 09-07-2011 04:02 PM

It really is. Anyone can do it with a little direction and a few tricks you too can make art. Don't you think it looks like a painting? That's what my students tell me anyway!

Pinkiris 09-07-2011 05:14 PM

How wonderfully generous of you to share the "basics" of your technique with us. All of the pictures look wonderful.
You give us a new answer to the question. "How small of a scrap of material do you keep?"
My goofy sense of humor says, "Okay, nobody sneeze!!" :lol:

jand635 09-07-2011 05:33 PM

Not so goofy! I turned on my overhead fan once! Only once. LOL. Cats are a problem too. Mine loves to snuggle up on whatever I am working on and that does not work with these pictures. I learned to keep mine covered.

Thanks for the compliment but I hold the belief that the more people that see this, the more people will want to learn it and they will tell someone, who will tell someone else, etc. I am making a video that I will rent over the internet for $2.99 for those that need a few extra pointers.

Yooper32 09-08-2011 03:28 AM

Oh, boy! Another one for the bucket that gets bigger and bigger and my time gets shorter and shorter. Nobody lives forever, but with my list a growing.... I have already squirreled away a baggie of small snips for future reference. Thanks for all your tips and advice and I will look forward to the video.