Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Confetti Quilt Instructor (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/confetti-quilt-instructor-t151104.html)

meanmom 09-08-2011 02:24 PM

My head is spinning with ideas. I can't wait to try it. I look forward to your video. I have a few projects to finish quickly because they have deadlines. Then I think I will start playing with this. I have been looking for something different and this is sure different. Thanks.

luce321 09-08-2011 02:46 PM

Thank you so much. I can't wait for the video so I can try this.

Rn8or 09-08-2011 03:16 PM

The tuile doesn't distort or fuzz out the vivid fabrics? Where do I get tuile?

Rn8or 09-08-2011 03:18 PM

Ok, tuile is a cookie (subconscience) and I meant tulle?

arizonagirl 09-08-2011 04:23 PM

Wow this is fantastic. I am one of those people that can't draw but would love to create a pictorial quilt. You have given us a medium to do that. I can't wait for the dvd.

Linny 09-08-2011 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by jand635
Hello there-
Well, to make it short, you find your picture, transfer it onto some batting. Then you chop up your fabric using a rotary cutter NOT scissors. Then you sprinkle the tiny pieces onto the batting which is laying on top of your backing. You have to work flat on a flat surface. I encourage students to use a design board (think cardboard or foam core board). Once the design covers the batting to your satisfaction, you cover the whole thing with bridal tulle (fine netting) and you quilt it to death with your machine.

Got it?

When you say quilt it to death do you mean you pick a quilting pattern and then sew it very close together?

jand635 09-08-2011 04:42 PM

The tulle does knock back the colors a bit. You buy tulle wherever you buy sewing supplies. Like Joanns. The tulle is used to make bridal veils or costumes.

Videographer coming over tomorrow afternoon to start the video process. Whoohoo!

jand635 09-08-2011 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Linny

Hello there-
Well, to make it short, you find your picture, transfer it onto some batting. Then you chop up your fabric using a rotary cutter NOT scissors. Then you sprinkle the tiny pieces onto the batting which is laying on top of your backing. You have to work flat on a flat surface. I encourage students to use a design board (think cardboard or foam core board). Once the design covers the batting to your satisfaction, you cover the whole thing with bridal tulle (fine netting) and you quilt it to death with your machine.

Got it?

When you say quilt it to death do you mean you pick a quilting pattern and then sew it very close together?

When I say quilt it to death, I mean close together. The pattern doesn't really matter because you will not be able to see it anyway. This makes it a great place to practice! I meander about an inch apart. Arrrg! This is so much easier to show you than to tell you!!

dottientx 09-08-2011 04:52 PM

Doesn't this just blow your mind when you think of all the ways and direction this quilting thing can take a person. I love it!

Linny 09-08-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Linny

Hello there-

Got it?

When I say quilt it to death, I mean close together. The pattern doesn't really matter because you will not be able to see it anyway. This makes it a great place to practice! I meander about an inch apart. Arrrg! This is so much easier to show you than to tell you!!

Thanks. I'm going to experiment this weekend....can't wait to get started.