Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Confusion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/confusion-t30920.html)

danmar 03-01-2010 05:32 PM

This sounds like a great way to make use of some of my scraps. Thank you for doing the tutorial! I'm going to have to try making something with it.

Rhonda 03-01-2010 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by danmar
This sounds like a great way to make use of some of my scraps. Thank you for doing the tutorial! I'm going to have to try making something with it.

Post pictures if you can!! We love to see pictures of what you make!

clem55 04-03-2010 07:37 AM

Hey, I'm confused most of the time!!LOL

Rhonda 04-03-2010 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Hey, I'm confused most of the time!!LOL

Then we ought to see some awesome pics of confusion right?? LOL

ajonkarl 06-29-2010 12:57 PM

hey sandpat your pic is really cute, did you take it? Bot that my cats would stand for that for a second, if I tried

fran624 07-10-2010 03:52 PM

HI RHONDA I'M BACK GOT THIS FROM YOUR PM BOY WHAT A JOY JUST SEW STRIPS TOGETHER & THEN MAKE SOMETHING. BUT FIRST GOING TO TRY YOUR BITS & PIECES AS A BEGINNER HOPE TO BE A QUILTER SOMEDAY NOT AS GOOD AS YOU BUT MAYBE PASSABLE. I HOPE

Rhonda 07-10-2010 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by fran624
HI RHONDA I'M BACK GOT THIS FROM YOUR PM BOY WHAT A JOY JUST SEW STRIPS TOGETHER & THEN MAKE SOMETHING. BUT FIRST GOING TO TRY YOUR BITS & PIECES AS A BEGINNER HOPE TO BE A QUILTER SOMEDAY NOT AS GOOD AS YOU BUT MAYBE PASSABLE. I HOPE

I have been quilting since 1980 so I have done my share of messing up and still do mess up all the time!!

MomtoBostonTerriers 07-23-2010 05:07 AM

Thanks for the tutorial. This is a great one. I am a big fan of no measuring-no matching-no prior planning method of quilting. Count me in as a member of the Confusion Approach!

lovequiltedstars 08-01-2010 01:07 PM

I noticed that you ironed your seams open. I was taught that you are to sew them to the side that is darker of the two. Which one is better? Also, don't you have any problems with any of your batting coming through your seams?

Rhonda 08-01-2010 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by lovequiltedstars
I noticed that you ironed your seams open. I was taught that you are to sew them to the side that is darker of the two. Which one is better? Also, don't you have any problems with any of your batting coming through your seams?

If you watch and catch any seams that are not tight you don't have any problem with batting. I iron mine open as when you are doing small stuff I don't like that raised feeling you get when you iron to one side. It shows up in minis and affects the way it looks. Makes it look bumpy. I don't get every seam to stay open but if you spray each seam they will stay open. I don't bother but I do reiron them open as I work from time to time. Sometimes they will not stay open and I just ignore what I can't get to lay flat. When the seams are flat then the whole top is more a cohesive whole. It all looks like one piece of cloth.

You can iron to the dark if you choose it just isn't for me. I like the look of the finished project when I iron them open. It does take a bit more doing but it is worth it I think. When you do miniatures the things that would fade into the shadows in a big quilt stand out like a sore thumb in the mini version.